Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#254056 - 12 March 19 1:36 pm - America/Chicago How can I get police records while living abroad?
Nur123 Offline

Hello, I need to get police records (certificate of good conduct) from Belize because I need them to apply for a residency. I am wondering, how can I get them while am I abroad? does it work through a lawyer? or I should travel personally?

Knowing that this is the first time I request this document, I read online that maybe the first time they request the 10 fingerprints impressions and I should personally be there to do so. Not so sure if this is accurate or not.

Thanks

#254057 - 12 March 19 5:39 pm - America/Chicago Re: How can I get police records while living abroad? [Re: Nur123]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan

If you are abroad how will you get residency? You will have to produce all your monthly immigration stamps from when you came into Belize. In the 12 months before you put in your application when you were only allowed out of Belize for a total of 14 days.
The police record is requested from immigration once they process your initial application. then you wait until your application gets to the top of the pile could be up to 2 years. If you are out of the country your application can never be be put forward.

To get residency you have to reside IN the country.
You cannot get it from abroad.
The police record is from your Local police station and they will check through police files for the last 12 months, that you have been in the country and not broken any laws.

No lawyer can get a police record FOR you it is allways in person.
Are you in a position to get your residency. Lawyers not much help getting residency at all.

Strange in 2015 according to this forum you said you were a Belize citizen. Archives are great sources of information and advice.

#254058 - 12 March 19 10:07 pm - America/Chicago Re: How can I get police records while living abroad? [Re: britinbelize]
Nur123 Offline

Originally Posted By: britinbelize

If you are abroad how will you get residency? You will have to produce all your monthly immigration stamps from when you came into Belize. In the 12 months before you put in your application when you were only allowed out of Belize for a total of 14 days.
The police record is requested from immigration once they process your initial application. then you wait until your application gets to the top of the pile could be up to 2 years. If you are out of the country your application can never be be put forward.

To get residency you have to reside IN the country.
You cannot get it from abroad.
The police record is from your Local police station and they will check through police files for the last 12 months, that you have been in the country and not broken any laws.

No lawyer can get a police record FOR you it is allways in person.
Are you in a position to get your residency. Lawyers not much help getting residency at all.

Strange in 2015 according to this forum you said you were a Belize citizen. Archives are great sources of information and advice.

Hey, I meant I need them for a residency in another country, I didn't say I want to apply for a residency in Belize. The country I am applying for residency requires police records from my home country.

I am a Belizean citizen and I already have a Belizean nationality.

#254059 - 12 March 19 10:25 pm - America/Chicago Re: How can I get police records while living abroad? [Re: Nur123]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
OK not apparent on first reading sorry.
I think then you should get clarity from the country you are applying for residency in. If you have not been resident in that "HOME" country for any length of time it will be of little significance a report that will have nothing on it.
The Blize rules for QRP ask for a 'Current' police report from the police department where you are living imediately prior to application. So for a UK born person but living in the USA it would be from the area of the USA they were living. Not the home country on the passport, as that would not be current.
For Belize residency it is from the Belize police department because that would be where the applicant had been living fo the previous year.

Does the country you are applying for residency have it's own expat Forum as that might have members who have gone through the process and can help you.

#254060 - 13 March 19 12:52 pm - America/Chicago Re: How can I get police records while living abroad? [Re: britinbelize]
Nur123 Offline

Originally Posted By: britinbelize
OK not apparent on first reading sorry.
I think then you should get clarity from the country you are applying for residency in. If you have not been resident in that "HOME" country for any length of time it will be of little significance a report that will have nothing on it.
The Blize rules for QRP ask for a 'Current' police report from the police department where you are living imediately prior to application. So for a UK born person but living in the USA it would be from the area of the USA they were living. Not the home country on the passport, as that would not be current.
For Belize residency it is from the Belize police department because that would be where the applicant had been living fo the previous year.

Does the country you are applying for residency have it's own expat Forum as that might have members who have gone through the process and can help you.

Thanks for your reply smile

I asked a lawyer in the country I am applying for and made sure from the immigration, they said they want police records from the countries in lived in in the past 5 years, and from my home country/ country of my nationality. So it's required to get one from Belize, even though I didn't really live for a long period of time in Belize in the past five years, except visiting sometimes.

Does it require 10 fingerprints impressions for the first time? or that's not true?

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
30 day extensions
by jstewartpa
18 March 19 11:32 am - America/Chicago
How can I get police records while living abroad?
by Nur123
13 March 19 12:52 pm - America/Chicago
Anyone interested
by Alwysu2
07 March 19 1:25 pm - America/Chicago
Anyone interested?
by Alwysu2
07 March 19 1:21 pm - America/Chicago
For Rent - Consejo - Corozal
by mcagun
06 March 19 5:29 am - America/Chicago
Interesting conversation about Belize referendum.
by D InTheShade
06 March 19 4:52 am - America/Chicago
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
by britinbelize
01 March 19 11:57 am - America/Chicago
shipping to Belize
by NevadaJoe
24 February 19 9:18 am - America/Chicago
Pueblo Nuevo
by GZboat
21 February 19 11:25 am - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE