Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#230762 - 22 April 13 8:33 am - America/Chicago Great food, good weather, lots of tourists
LanSluder Offline

Loc: USA/Belize
Been back in Belize a few days. Got a little frustrated driving in Belize City with all the street work and repaving. They are doing serious concrete on some streets. It will be nice when finished, but right some main streets are blocked off with construction, with not much signage as to where to go to get around the construction, so if you don't know the city well it can be tough to get from A to B.

Weather down south has been nice. Not as hot as it has been, though it's calm and muggy in Placencia today. Lots going on in Hopkins, not too much new -- surprisingly -- in Placencia.

Lots of tourists, some places nearly full. Don't hear people in the tourism industry complaining this year as over the past few years. The season didn't end with Easter this year -- that's for sure.

Great meal a couple of nights ago at the "new" Chef Rob's in Hopkins. Equally great lunch at Maya Beach Bistro yesterday. Maya Beach Bistro is better than ever!

Have tried using some new GPS Belize mapping programs for my Garmin GPS. What's available is better than it used to be, but still not very useful. Many sites, hotels, restaurants, etc. either aren't on the maps or are misplaced.

--Lan Sluder

#230773 - 22 April 13 5:17 pm - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: LanSluder]
LanSluder Offline

Terrific lunch of shrimp tacos and chicken salbutes at Dawn's Grill 'n Go in Placencia village and pre-dinner "appetizers" of Frank DaSilva's jalapeno poppers and conch fritters at Mangos of Maya Beach.

Oh, and the Western Hemisphere's best gelato at Tutti-Fruiti.

Would someone please help me fasten my belt?

--Lan Sluder

P.S. Also today got to see Barnacle Bill, aka "the wit of Maya Beach."

#230777 - 22 April 13 8:55 pm - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: LanSluder]
cayobound Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Thanks for the report Lan. Now I'm getting hungry. smile

#230784 - 23 April 13 5:25 am - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: LanSluder]
Ken_Wilford Offline

Loc: Millville, NJ USA
I highly agree with Lan. We finally went to Maya Beach Bistro this year and it was awesome! The food and the scenery are the best! Tutti-Fruiti is what all other ice cream shops I have ever been to wish they could be. It is the best Ice Cream I have ever put in my mouth.

We also enjoy The Shak at the end of the Placencia road however when we were there in Jan/Feb they were building the new fishing pier. Is that project finished yet? They seemed to be making good progress when we were there.
John 3:16
http://www.vanagain.com

#230852 - 24 April 13 5:10 pm - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: LanSluder]
LanSluder Offline

Enjoyed a nice early evening at the Secret Garden in Placencia village despite the power outage on the peninsula, then another great meal at John and Ellen's Maya Beach Bistro.

in PG tonight and going to try Asha’s Culture Kitchen at its new location on the water. Tomorrow maybe Belcampo's restaurant for a bit of a step up!

#230861 - 25 April 13 7:40 am - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: LanSluder]
Una Companera Offline

Loc: ATX
Originally Posted By: LanSluder
Terrific lunch of shrimp tacos and chicken salbutes at Dawn's Grill 'n Go in Placencia village

Dawn's is ALWAYS the optimal choice for delicious fare in Placencia!

#253892 - 04 December 18 1:23 am - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: LanSluder]
Rosie731 Offline

White sand beaches, beauty of ancient times, Mayan ruins, lush green tropical forests and caverns are some of the reasons that make Belize real estate worth investing money on.

#253893 - 04 December 18 12:23 pm - America/Chicago Re: Great food, good weather, lots of tourists [Re: Rosie731]
DrMexico Online   content

Loc: Merida Me
^

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Proceeds from Sale of Real Estate
by Osprey
Today at 09:05 AM
Belize real estate
by DrMexico
Today at 08:43 AM
Belize real estate
by Rosie731
Today at 02:53 AM
What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga?
by jstewartpa
07 December 18 11:04 am - America/Chicago
Shipping from Ontario
by Belcan
07 December 18 9:37 am - America/Chicago
Belize real estate
by DrMexico
07 December 18 4:32 am - America/Chicago

by Rosie731
06 December 18 2:24 am - America/Chicago
Snorkel conditions for November?
by Razoo