Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253718 - 11 October 18 8:54 am - America/Chicago Company formation
Cayeman Offline

Greetings,
Did a search, nothing relevant to this came up.
I have been waiting for the registrar to officiate and send back company papers for 8 months now.
I am told by the company that formed my company that a new woman was placed in this position in November of last year.
I have her and her superiors names, will respectfully withhold for now.
This company alone is waiting on papers for 12 other people waiting, some longer than I.
Seems like nothing whatsoever has been done since she took the position, the previous registrar was much more punctual I am told.
This is probably the tip of the iceburg, anyone else waiting on company papers, registrar?

#253719 - 11 October 18 3:47 pm - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Cayeman Offline

Let me phrase this another way, has anyone gotten company papers back from the registrar in the last 10 months?

#253721 - 12 October 18 12:29 pm - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Breezy Offline

Loc: Ladyville
I am not 100 % but that doe not sound right. We opened a company late last year which took no time at all I am guessing 2-3 weeks max.

#253722 - 12 October 18 12:35 pm - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Breezy Offline

Loc: Ladyville
There were a lot more hoops to jump through this time than previous companies that were quite literally opened in a day but a month max this last one.

#253723 - 12 October 18 1:59 pm - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Cayeman Offline

Hi Breezy,
When you say last year, was it within 10-11 months?
That is when I am being told this woman took over and done nothing since.
Thanks!

#253724 - 15 October 18 11:39 am - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Habeneros Offline

Might be they changed this person because she was rubber stamping all applications and "buying tea" Perhaps same as when Musa was ousted, they audited the database looking for ill gotten gains! More scrutiny is in line with all financial activity these days! They will be opening safe deposit boxes next!

#253725 - 16 October 18 2:13 pm - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Cayeman Offline

Well that in no way excuses the new one from sitting on her hands. It's not like you can even the score this way. Both approaches are just plain wrong, it's obstructionism at best. there is due diligence and there is outright abdication of responsibility. Surely there is a compromise, just routinely doing nothing is not the answer for a nation looking to attract foreign investors. This is the same blatant apathy, total lack of work ethic that the lands Department and Immigration suffered from. Welcome to Belize, where come, drop your money and leave seems to be the business model.

Edited by Cayeman (16 October 18 2:14 pm - America/Chicago)

#253726 - 16 October 18 3:33 pm - America/Chicago Re: Company formation [Re: Cayeman]
Habeneros Offline

Yeah! Welcome to Belize! james@belizerealestatemls.com this American guy has been in company stuff for a decade, he might have some answers for you.

Edited by Habeneros (16 October 18 4:51 pm - America/Chicago)

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
shipping to Belize
by EllaF
01:36 PM
New to Belize Forum
by EllaF
01:27 PM
Little League Baseball Belize
by GZboat
10:19 AM
Company formation
by Habeneros
16 October 18 3:33 pm - America/Chicago
Liquor, beer and wine prices ?
by Breezy
12 October 18 12:24 pm - America/Chicago
Belize vs Mexico
by Jadee
08 October 18 4:27 am - America/Chicago
Finding "medium-term" accommodations in Corozal?
by Dave Bunk
08 October 18 3:58 am - America/Chicago
Google Earth updates
by D InTheShade
05 October 18 7:52 am - America/Chicago
looking for accommodation in Corozal , BZ for the month of January
by poudreman
04 October 18 9:55 am - America/Chicago
New procedures with Central Bank
by gelint
23 September 18 4:58 pm - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE