Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253665 - 12 September 18 10:14 am - America/Chicago Liquor, beer and wine prices ?
armandgreg Offline

Is liquor sold from private stores, or all sales by the government outlets ? What is the typical price for a liter of local rum and vodka, and a 6 pack of local beer ?

#253669 - 12 September 18 10:49 am - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: armandgreg]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
Most grocery stores sell alcohol. Local Rum is high quality, and reasonably inexpensive, other spiritsI assume similar but not got real experience of them. Beer has limited options for choice of non local products, and wine is considered expensive, by US prices as most wines are imports.

#253670 - 12 September 18 12:14 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: armandgreg]
JohnP Online   content

Loc: Michigan / Sittee River
Don't drink the Lerska vodka, I get a headache in one drink!! The other one is good, the name escapes me at the moment. But if you wants something name brand like grey Goose or Crown Royal you will pay double US prices.

#253671 - 12 September 18 1:18 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: britinbelize]
armandgreg Offline

What price range is reasonably inexpensive rum ?

#253673 - 12 September 18 5:17 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: armandgreg]

I have a 1 litre bottle of Old masters rum in front of me and the price sticker says $28.85 that is Belize dollars. Prices store to store may change by $1 either way.

#253676 - 12 September 18 5:54 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: britinbelize]
NoelleG Offline

Hyper has the blue label. It's much less gross than the red label

#253679 - 13 September 18 3:52 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: NoelleG]
DrMexico Online   content

Loc: Merida Me
Lerska is good only as a BBQ lighter. Barrel rums are great. Belikin is more bottle than beer. Lighthouse has a skunky taste as if the critter dipped its tail in the bottle. Belize wines are good only as ice cream topping. If u want the good stuff at non outrageous prices you need to be in northern Belize close the border...Grey Goose, Gennfidich, Modelo Negro at affordable lower than N.A. cost. Just requires creative importation like this wine I enjoyed at my last visit...

Edited by DrMexico (15 September 18 9:57 am - America/Chicago)

#253685 - 15 September 18 1:50 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: armandgreg]
armandgreg Offline

Is it true that upon arrival at Belize airport one can buy duty free for consumption in Belize ? If so, are the duty free liquors actually cheaper than on the street ? We have found in a few countries lately that some duty free prices are higher. How much liquor and cigarettes can one buy ?

#253686 - 15 September 18 9:23 pm - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: armandgreg]

There are 3 maybe 4 duty free shops round the baggage hall they do sell the high price imported liquors cheaper than the local stores, but local spirit brands are similar to BZE super market prices but as we found on a recent trip to Europe most duty free stores in all the different airports we went through the prices in the duty free stores were no great bargains and in the US I could buy a lot of the named brands as cheap or cheaper in the local big supermarket chains. The duty free shops do have inexpensive US Brand cigarettes very cheap and if you smoke the local brands are pretty awful by all accounts.
The amounts you can buy are listed on the form they give you on the plane but I believe it is about 3 cartons of cigs and 2 litres of spirits per adult. You then cannot go through the green channel, unless of course the staff wave you to that side.

#253687 - 17 September 18 9:23 am - America/Chicago Re: Liquor, beer and wine prices ? [Re: armandgreg]
Osprey Online   content

Loc: Placencia, Cape Cod, MA
Just a note: I found the prices at the "duty free" shop at the arrivals baggage terminal higher than the prices in shops in Placencia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Proceeds from Sale of Real Estate
by Habeneros