Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253653 - 07 September 18 11:14 pm - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: NevadaJoe]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
Basicaly Belize has About 4 main paved roads, Larger villages and towns, and the major populated areas, also have paved roads and street names within their boundries.
The rest of Belize is assorted tracks and byways of very varied quality, form poor to 'OMG I am supposed to drive on this'
On google map view when a rd is unnamed it rarely even shows. For the first 3 years or so our address was a lot number off the named road a mile away. We got fed up of people driving to our place. looking for the river or a resort on that named road, as with our regular use of the turn off that looked more like a drivable road than the named road they were leaving.
So we made a sign post for the corner to show people the named road continued. We erected a sign post with 3 signs, the route to the river, the named road they were on, and a sign to our 'Ranch'. When the signs were ready the sign writer had made 3 great signs, reflective for after dark but the 3rd sign he added road to the ranch name, but its Belize so we just nailed up the sign anyway and it seems once enough people had seen it, it became the road name.
Next time I entered through the Airport started doing the address as lotnumber etc the official asked is that on _____ ranch road I said yes so he said you can use just the number a road address.
Should I write t google and tell them?.
They have no Belize rep at the moment.Yes they had a google person filling in the street names on their maps but he was sacked for using his position to name places and streets and buildings,on the google map, for his friends and disparging buildings and areas where he didn't like the owner or Achitecture. No one else has been given the area to date.

#253654 - 08 September 18 8:29 am - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: britinbelize]
NevadaJoe Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba
BritinBelize

I have 20 trips to Belize. I own property on the Peninsula. I have driven from Cancun to Placencia several times.

I am astutely aware of the road system of Belize and do not require any education in this area. Thank you very much.

The point is being missed - You do not need a street address to take a picture of the street. The google camera integrates GPS into the image and once that is uploaded the GPS coordinates are used to determine the image location. Not the physical address. Your example of providing direction are irrelevant in this context.

Having a street address linked to a particular image might allow for an address search but has FA to do with street view.

Let's use your logic here. Here is a link. Explain to me how you require an address to upload images of this location.

Pile of rocks

What is the street address of the location in this link?

Edited by NevadaJoe (08 September 18 8:52 am - America/Chicago)

#253655 - 08 September 18 8:31 am - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: Breezy]
NevadaJoe Offline

Originally Posted By: Breezy
Don't want drug plane landing streets identified?!

LOL. makes more sense than some of the logic being provided here

#253659 - 10 September 18 6:48 pm - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: NevadaJoe]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
Maybe Google just has no interest in Belize. Not the end of the world if you can't find your streetview in Belize.

#253672 - 12 September 18 4:40 pm - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: NevadaJoe]
NevadaJoe Offline

But would Belize have an interest in Streetview?

Definitely not the end of the world.

#253674 - 12 September 18 5:20 pm - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: NevadaJoe]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
It is google you need to ask that question. Not really within the remit of expats in or planning to go to Belize.
Your knowledge of Belize is obviously equal or superior to most on this platform, why is it a street view is so important? The Google and Apple satelite views are very good, both show my land and houses nicely.

Edited by britinbelize (12 September 18 5:25 pm - America/Chicago)

#253675 - 12 September 18 5:49 pm - America/Chicago Re: Google Streetview [Re: britinbelize]
NevadaJoe Offline

Originally Posted By: britinbelize
.........why is it a street view is so important?

I think it would be very important to stakeholders like hotel / lodging operators, tour operators, BTB. etc.

I just figured I'd ask here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Proceeds from Sale of Real Estate