Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253616 - 28 August 18 11:19 pm - America/Chicago Utilities and building
Bartman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello!

I've been reading on this forum quite a while now and it's very helpful. grin
As a frequent visitor I'm aiming at buying some land in Cayo next year (I know about that process since I've already gone through it in BZE before). My plan now is to build three mennonite houses on it (1 for a care keeper and 2 to rent to family / friends / etc). I find it hard to estimate the costs apart from that. Some questions:
- what will a septic construction cost me in total for the 3 houses?
- let's say there is already electrical enclosure on the property. Is there an estimate of costs for extending it to an other part of the property? $ per X-feet?
- i read that if the nearest pole is half a mile away, you can pay for some poles and cables to connect it to your land. Is there an estimate per distance for that? What about the enclosure itself?
- water well drilling is depending on the depth of course. But what can I expect as an average including a pump system and connection to the three houses? What if warm water would be wished?

I'm sorry I have to ask you all of this, but I find it very hard to even find estimates online. I'm in the country next month, so I'm going to look into it then. I hope you'd be so kind to share your knowledge with this simple soul smile

Thanks!!!

Bart

#253618 - 29 August 18 7:05 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Belize
Do you know BTB rules on renting places? They are getting stricter ever year and this year really increased regulations!

#253619 - 29 August 18 8:35 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
D InTheShade Offline

Loc: Calgary, Mile 5 Southern Hwy
Too many variables to even suggest an amount for electrical service a half mile in.
Terrain, bush clearing, high voltage distance, transformer, low voltage distance.
Contact BEL they will provide the real cost on that and your service entrance into yard.
BEL is the only provider of this so get to know your BEL field rep. it is worth it.

Edited by D InTheShade (29 August 18 8:36 am - America/Chicago)

#253620 - 29 August 18 8:53 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
D InTheShade Offline

Septic,,,, ask yourself if the sloped distances and elevations will allow for all three septic lines to drain into one tank.
Down wind and removed from water well is a key importance also.
If you can fit all those perameters into one septic tank you are doing good.

Edited by D InTheShade (29 August 18 8:57 am - America/Chicago)

#253621 - 29 August 18 11:33 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Belize
Our first place in Belize BTL quoted 12K for 5 poles onto property 6 months later cash in hand now price 30K walked away still no power there. Even had written quote in hand from them.

#253622 - 29 August 18 11:42 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Dave Bunk]
Bartman Offline

Thanks Dave!

You mean taxes I have to pay to the government for renting it to other people? I might just try to arrange a meeting with someone from BTB then.

I'm currently looking into regulations if I do it as a company, either starting a Belizean based one or to start one in Europe and have a branch in BZ. So regarding taxes I have a lot to figure out!

#253623 - 29 August 18 11:45 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: D InTheShade]
Bartman Offline

Thanks D!

Regarding the electrics > I was afraid of that. Would it be possible to give an estimate if the terrain is cleared and electricity is available on the terrain?

As for the septic... What if I'm lucky like you say? What would you guess the septic and installment would cost approx?

#253624 - 29 August 18 11:49 am - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
jstewartpa Online   content

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
The BTB regulations just to get a license allowing you to rent are monumental now. You'll get inspected by at least 3 government agency prior to approval.

Contact BEL about electric, but if you have to go a half mile it will be expensive.

Good luck.

Edited by jstewartpa (29 August 18 11:51 am - America/Chicago)

#253626 - 29 August 18 2:52 pm - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
mamavivian Offline

#253627 - 29 August 18 4:07 pm - America/Chicago Re: Utilities and building [Re: Bartman]
D InTheShade Offline

I will take a flying guess at half a mile service entrance at near $100,000 (of course BZD)
I put 2 lines in about 1300 ft each, for $75K total about 8 years ago.
That included high voltage, transformers and low voltage.

Septic would be on the largest size for 3 dwellings, budget $7500
Link
http://www.cbabelize.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Septic-Tank-Soak-Away-Details.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
30 day extensions
by jstewartpa
11:32 AM
How can I get police records while living abroad?
by Nur123
13 March 19 12:52 pm - America/Chicago
Anyone interested
by Alwysu2
07 March 19 1:25 pm - America/Chicago
Anyone interested?
by Alwysu2
07 March 19 1:21 pm - America/Chicago
For Rent - Consejo - Corozal
by mcagun
06 March 19 5:29 am - America/Chicago
Interesting conversation about Belize referendum.
by D InTheShade
06 March 19 4:52 am - America/Chicago
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
by britinbelize
01 March 19 11:57 am - America/Chicago
shipping to Belize
by NevadaJoe
24 February 19 9:18 am - America/Chicago
Pueblo Nuevo
by GZboat
21 February 19 11:25 am - America/Chicago
House for sale in Sarteneja