Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253397 - 04 July 18 1:26 pm - America/Chicago Cabana in Dangriga
Tracy_T Offline

Loc: Utah
Has anyone ever stayed in this rental? My plan is for next June. It's just me by myself.
https://www.vacasa.com/unit.php?UnitID=5942

#253400 - 04 July 18 8:08 pm - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: Tracy_T]
hopefulist Online   content

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
Looks like a cute cabin, nicely appointed. How long do you plan to stay there? Planning to rent a car?

I'm chiming in to say that Dangriga is not my favorite part of Belize, either location or ambience and being that isolated without a car would mean a challenge to access the activities and sights we love best in Belize: Maya sites, caving, snorkeling, waterfall hikes, etc. We enjoy solitude and reading but enjoy those in our country home and I'm not much of a 'lie on the beach' sort of gal, especially in the tropics where sand flies can be an issue.

It might be perfect for you, though, depending on your travel priorities, length of stay, and your access to a vehicle. Hopefully someone else with better knowledge of that specific area can chime in about the relative safety of staying and walking around alone in that isolated of an area.

#253402 - 05 July 18 1:52 am - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: hopefulist]
Tracy_T Offline

Thank you for your thoughts! My plan is to make one trip into town to get groceries once I get there...then back to a week of solitude on the beach. I will use a taxi for a couple trips into town. I will get in the water at the cabana...maybe snorkel a little...but that's about it.

#253405 - 05 July 18 7:27 am - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: Tracy_T]
MisterB Offline

Loc: Belize
Looks like it's only about 3 km from the centre of town -- for me, that's walkable, but if carrying groceries, a taxi shouldn't be more than BZ$5 or $6 each way. Maybe there's a bicycle you can use?

#253407 - 05 July 18 8:02 am - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: Tracy_T]
hopefulist Online   content

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
Yes - under 2 miles, walkable for me, too, and I think bikes are on offer. I was thinking transport more to access jungle hikes, Maya caves, etc. Not much to see snorkeling from the beach, sadly - if it's a priority I'm sure you could find an agency or individual in Dangriga to take you out to the reef. Happy trails!

Edited by hopefulist (05 July 18 8:03 am - America/Chicago)

#253408 - 05 July 18 8:19 am - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: Tracy_T]
MisterB Offline

Loc: Belize
If you need transportation information, here's a website with lots of good info...
https://belizebus.wordpress.com/

#253409 - 05 July 18 12:22 pm - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: MisterB]
Tracy_T Offline

that's great! Thank you!

#253444 - 11 July 18 9:14 am - America/Chicago Re: Cabana in Dangriga [Re: Tracy_T]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
It says "partial a\c". Hopefully that's in the bedroom or you'll have some warm sleeping weather in June.

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
New procedures with Central Bank
by gelint
23 September 18 4:58 pm - America/Chicago