Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253399 - 04 July 18 1:45 pm - America/Chicago What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga?
Tracy_T Offline

Loc: Utah
I plan to stay in Dangriga next June. I will be staying in a cabana on the beach. Is there a store I can get a taxi to go get food...water...sunblock...bug spray...etc? I will only have carry on luggage, and the limits on liquids/lotions will have me needing to get some of that when I get there. Recommendations? Thanks!

#253401 - 04 July 18 8:19 pm - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
hopefulist Online   content

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
Have you used google maps with a satellite image to look at what is near? I found the rental and it actually looks to be well over a mile and a half from the south edge of Dangriga. The map below shows the route - you can zoom in on the property and on the town to see where the restaurants and stores are.

I asked in response to another of your posts if you planned to have a rental car. I wouldn't be interested in such an isolated spot without transportation easily available to access the cultural and natural wonders of Belize. Just my 2 cents' worth (4 cents BZD).

Here's a link to the map - let me know if this doesn't work for you. Google maps - Dangriga area

Edited by hopefulist (04 July 18 8:20 pm - America/Chicago)

#253403 - 05 July 18 2:00 am - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
Tracy_T Offline

This is my first trip to Belize, and I'm going alone. I'll take in the culture and wonders next go around. This purpose of this trip is purely some solitude...getting away from it all. There's a caretaker living behind the cabana who, I understand, is available as a taxi driver for cabana residents. I still need to verify that. Thank you for the link!

#253406 - 05 July 18 7:40 am - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
MisterB Offline

Loc: Belize
Dangriga has grocery stores and restaurants. You can buy everything you need there. I'm not sure about the availability of sunblock & bug insect repellent because I've never tried to buy them in Dangriga.

Depending on how much water you drink, look into buying water in the large 25 litre container. You'll have to pay a deposit on the container which you get back when you return it (maybe the caretaker has one?), and you have to carry it. Maybe easier to buy the 1 or 2 litre containers.

#253413 - 05 July 18 5:34 pm - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
hopefulist Online   content

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
Re: sunblock and bug repellent, I'd bring that with you because it's not all created equal and it ages out; you might be able to buy it in Dangriga but I wouldn't count on it working as well as good quality, recently-produced stuff from home.

I travel carryon only, too, and prioritize those things and a few 1st aid items in my quart-sized ziplock bag; easy to carry enough face-quality sunblock, body block, and Ultrathon or Sawyers Time-Release Deet bug repellent for 3-4 weeks and plan to buy shampoo and toothpaste there. You can buy it in larger sizes and take it down in nalgene leak-proof travel bottles or the like. The little one use packets of repellent with deet are handy, too - never be without them in your purse or backpack so you don't get caught without block if you forget to apply it or don't see a need at the time you're heading out (and they don't need to be in your ziplock).

Sounds like a great place for solitude. Enjoy!

#253414 - 05 July 18 11:38 pm - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: hopefulist]
Tracy_T Offline

Great info...thank you very much!

#253418 - 06 July 18 7:37 am - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
MisterB Offline

With food items in grocery stores, it's always a good idea to check the "use by" or "best before" dates.

#253421 - 06 July 18 2:24 pm - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: MisterB]
Tracy_T Offline

Indeed. I'm pretty good about that. Can you get ice at the store like you can in the states?

#253422 - 07 July 18 7:16 am - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
MisterB Offline

Maybe not at every store, but ice should be available somewhere.

#253423 - 07 July 18 5:07 pm - America/Chicago Re: What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga? [Re: Tracy_T]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
Most bigger store sell Bagged ice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
30 day extensions
by jstewartpa
18 March 19 11:32 am - America/Chicago
How can I get police records while living abroad?
by Nur123
13 March 19 12:52 pm - America/Chicago
Anyone interested
by Alwysu2
07 March 19 1:25 pm - America/Chicago
Anyone interested?
by Alwysu2
07 March 19 1:21 pm - America/Chicago
For Rent - Consejo - Corozal
by mcagun
06 March 19 5:29 am - America/Chicago
Interesting conversation about Belize referendum.
by D InTheShade
06 March 19 4:52 am - America/Chicago
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
by britinbelize
01 March 19 11:57 am - America/Chicago
shipping to Belize
by NevadaJoe
24 February 19 9:18 am - America/Chicago
Pueblo Nuevo
by GZboat
21 February 19 11:25 am - America/Chicago
House for sale in Sarteneja