Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253289 - 12 April 18 7:34 pm - America/Chicago How to set up and use my unlocked iPhone?
Downing Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
So in anticipation of my annual upcoming trip to Belize, I bought an unlocked iPhone 5S on Amazon. I want to use it exclusively when I'm in Belize.

I was going to set it up here but one of the first questions it asks is what country I'm in. Belize is one of the choices.

So I thought I would wait until I get there, then swing by BTL and get a SIM card and phone number, then set it up.

Any issue with my using a USA credit card?

Are there some sort of restrictions if it's a native Belize phone? I won't be buying music or apps, just want to use it as a phone.

I'm hoping this is the last time I have to deal with the phone in Belize issue for a while. I used to rent crummy little cell phones every year from BTL. Then I bought a cheap Android unlocked phone from Best Buy but it was rubbish and used it for only one trip. Then I bought an unlocked Amazon Fire Phone when the price was reduced to almost nothing and used it the last two trips. But the SIM card was difficult to install plus I could barely hear the person on the other end, which made it a pita. I'm familiar with the iPhone platform, so I thought I would give this a try.

Edited by Downing (12 April 18 7:59 pm - America/Chicago)

#253298 - 14 April 18 1:15 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to set up and use my unlocked iPhone? [Re: Downing]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
Should be no probs, you can get a monthly pay as you go contract when you get the Sim which you can revatilize whenever you are in country. As to usage down loads etc that is just controlled by costs really, the more you use the more it costs. Not usually any problems with US credit cards.

#253299 - 14 April 18 1:17 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to set up and use my unlocked iPhone? [Re: Downing]
britinbelize Online   content

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
Should be no probs, you can get a monthly pay as you go contract when you get the Sim which you can revatilize whenever you are in country. As to usage down loads etc that is just controlled by costs really, the more you use the more it costs. Not usually any problems with US credit cards.

#253300 - 14 April 18 5:46 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to set up and use my unlocked iPhone? [Re: britinbelize]
Downing Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
Originally Posted By: britinbelize

Thanks. I'm really hoping I've finally found the solution.

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Blue Hole Beer
by GZboat
Yesterday at 09:50 AM
Importing Vehicle to BZ, Driving thru MX
by gelint
18 July 18 6:38 pm - America/Chicago
Howdy
by gelint
12 July 18 6:24 pm - America/Chicago
Cabana in Dangriga
by jstewartpa
11 July 18 9:14 am - America/Chicago
Cell phone usage
by GZboat
10 July 18 9:50 am - America/Chicago
Wildlife awareness
by Tracy_T
09 July 18 8:21 pm - America/Chicago
What groceries/supplies available in Dangriga?
by Tracy_T
08 July 18 1:18 pm - America/Chicago
New procedures with Central Bank
by britinbelize
03 July 18 9:19 am - America/Chicago
Antoinette Moore
by TexItalian
03 July 18 8:57 am - America/Chicago
Home For Sale - Mayan Seaside - Consejo - Corozal
by mcagun
02 July 18 5:37 am - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE