Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253083 - 21 January 18 10:52 am - America/Chicago Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins [Re: jstewartpa]
RMath7 Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have an Explorer reserved from Alamo at airport or do you suggest switching? All I want to make sure is I have a reliable 4x4 vehicle.. Last time we were there we rented from https://www.belizeautorental.com/ cause it was the cheapest I could find but big mistake got a 06 escape that was road hard but got us from point a to point b..

#253084 - 21 January 18 12:13 pm - America/Chicago Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins [Re: RMath7]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
Crystal has almost all Jeep brand in their fleet. They bring them down from the Texas auctions. Crystal also gives you a free phone and cooler to use during your stay. They also have the best customer service. They are from Texas and their managers mother lives just outside of Hopkins. https://www.crystal-belize.com/

#253094 - 24 January 18 3:56 pm - America/Chicago Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins [Re: RMath7]
WinterPegger Offline

Loc: Winnipeg,MB
Originally Posted By: RMath7
Has anyone done the In Land Blue Hole? I believe that is on the way.. We get into Belize around Noon so should have a little time for a stop of 2 and still get to Hopkins by dark..Or should we head straight to Hopkins and do these things other days?

We stopped there. While not a bad experience, keep your expectations on the lower side. This is a small cenote, not terribly deep, and not much else to see. The cave is also less impressive than a number of others we went to.

If you're looking for a quick dip to refresh, go for it.

We won't respond to trolls

#253096 - 24 January 18 4:11 pm - America/Chicago Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins [Re: RMath7]
WinterPegger Offline

Loc: Winnipeg,MB
Originally Posted By: RMath7
Thanks.. Any other place you would suggest.. This is our second time making the drive and feel more comfortable stopping along the way. Thinking of maybe stopping and doing the Blue Hole or a cave tubing trip..

We went tubing with http://cavetubing.bz/ and thoroughly enjoyed our time. I've spelunked in Carlsbad, Black hills, Gruta des Garcia MX, Monaco, Mammoth and Horse Cave in KY, and Ruby Falls, but we'd never gone tubing through a cave that didn't have artificial lighting.

If that sounds like good fun, it is! (If it sounds like something that would make you claustrophobic while being in total darkness seldom experienced, it probably is that too)

We won't respond to trolls

#253097 - 24 January 18 6:57 pm - America/Chicago Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins [Re: RMath7]
britinbelize Offline

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
Just to say the Alamo in Belize is just a franchise which is not really backed by the parent group. Some well known US names have offices but I used one once as There was a "special Deal" on offer with the company i booked the flights with. Worst rental experience ever. The franchise had no cars( despite the friendly email reminder to pick up my car in Belize from the Us office) so the office found a different company I had never heard of who produced a Vehicle. It wasnt actually insured and the registration was out of date and it had "loose" steering a bit scary going down the hummingbird. Crystal is THE rental company to trust in Belize.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
What is Fido's Sandbar?
by MarieMarie