Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252865 - 09 November 17 11:13 am - America/Chicago Re: paying property tax. Help Please! [Re: scottemmert]
Osprey Offline

Loc: Placencia, Cape Cod, MA
I used Debbie for several years; she is reliable and honest. However, not being at the lands dpt. in person turned into a liability. OK, this is a little screwy but it turned out (for me at least) that even though I had title to the land, the tax bill remained in the former owner's name because there was always a credit to the account. In other words Debbie dutifully paid the tax bill for the land and that created a credit to the account.

I was told that unless the account balance goes to zero, they can not transfer the account to me. That took an entire day to rectify because there is only one woman in the Belmopan lands dpt. authorized to change the account name and she was always extremely busy (once I found her). She was very sweet and accommodating once we found her, but she had to credit us for the amount on the balance of the account so that it was zero; then change the owner of the account to me and then credit the account again for the balance that had been credited back to me. If all that sounds confusing and ridiculous, I agree. So for a new land owner, I would recommend that you go to the lands dpt., ensure that your name is on the tax bill, and then pay several years in advance.

#252866 - 09 November 17 8:45 pm - America/Chicago Re: paying property tax. Help Please! [Re: scottemmert]
GaryTobago Offline

Thanks to you all, especially GZ. I will show up in person at the Corozal office and pay back taxes and pay forward for as long as they will allow. Gary

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Canyon Acquisition et al ---
by MoreSun