Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133070 - 24 June 08 8:06 am - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company?
John Madeira Offline

Loc: Around mile 32 Hummingbird Hig...
If you plan to ship into Belize you will need a company in Belize to facilitate your shipment through Belize Customs and also for local delivery. I have worked with Jose at Belize Logistics on two separate occasions and have been very pleased with the service.

C/O BELIZE LOGISTICS SERVICES LTD (BLS) 34 ALBERT STREET BELIZE CITY, BELIZE C.A. TEL: 011-501-227-1710 FAX: 011-501-227-3754 MOBILE: BTL 501-600-5861 E-MAIL: JOSE@BELIZETRANSPORTATION.COM

Jose may be able to answer your questions about foreign shippers that he deals with and give you a good recommendation.

John Madeira
www.mybelizehouse.com

#133071 - 06 July 08 2:23 am - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company?
angelfire Offline

Loc: usa
Mr. Hyde and his daughter were nice people.
They had..maybe still do..office in Honduras.

#252237 - 06 May 17 2:37 pm - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo

"If you plan to ship into Belize you will need a company in Belize to facilitate your shipment through Belize Customs and also for local delivery."

Several friends have recommended Hyde Shipping. I may need goods shipped from the BC port to Belmopan. I have a reference for Joseph Hamilton as a clearing agent. Is he a good agent? Can someone provide an e-mail address for him?

#252254 - 11 May 17 6:42 pm - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
D InTheShade Offline

Loc: Calgary, Mile 5 Southern Hwy
joseph@hamilton.com.bz
602-8175

He has handled no less than 6 import shipments for me.

#252256 - 12 May 17 7:44 am - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
Reilly Offline

Thanks, Dave! I infer "6 shipments" is an endorsement of Joseph Hamilton for an import agent.

#252272 - 13 May 17 3:15 pm - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
D InTheShade Offline

Loc: Calgary, Mile 5 Southern Hwy
He's been great to deal with.
Occasionally I had to adjust my schedule to match his.
That's the way it goes in Belize, have plan "B" and "C" ready. No problem.

#252800 - 06 October 17 5:30 pm - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
Reilly Offline

My wife and I want to get to Belmopan asap. We need some information about manifests and shipping preparation. Hyde Shipping and broker, Joseph Hamilton, are away for the weekend, so I look forward to some advise from Dave, Terri, Greg and Miah!

Boxes for our initial shipment to Belize City port are packed in boxes and ready to deliver to Hyde Shipping in the Miami area. On the outside of each package, we have a list of the contents. Almost everything is labeled with the contents, but our "name identifier" is not on the boxes. The general contents are household and persona effects older than a year. We will U-Haul the boxes to Hyde sometime next week.

Questions:
-- Must a shipper name appear on each package?
-- Is it a problem if our goods arrive to BZ customs and to Joseph Hamilton a week or so before we do?
-- Will the broker likely ask for payment in advance to cover customs duty and his brokerage fee?

Thanks y'all for advice you can share! Stay safe from the thunderstorms and heavy rain from Nate.

#252801 - 07 October 17 7:19 am - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
We put a copy of contents inside each package outside can get wet or ripped off. Did you keep a master sheet of all boxes and contents?
No but cannot be too long as they then start charging storage and things walk away
We knew our broker well. He had our manifest list, told us up front what costs would be for an estimate. When the day arrived we went with him to the port and gave him funds to pay then and there. After all said and done we paid him agreed fee for his service.
Hope that helps

#252802 - 09 October 17 5:36 pm - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
Reilly Offline

Oh Lord! Please be with us this week!

We are a week late with manifest preparation and moving boxes and a few other things to Hyde Shipping. Thanks, Dave, for your helpful post.

We're looking forward to meeting some expats in Belmopan and making friends with local folk.

I often muse that not many of the 44,000 people who registered on this site actually use it. It has such good information (with exceptions!) and postings are very meaningful to others. Hopefully its use will grow.

#252806 - 13 October 17 8:29 am - America/Chicago Re: ocean freight company? [Re: Power Manbeard]
JohnP Offline

Loc: Michigan / Sittee River
Well let me know how this all goes. I need to ship a Jeep and other things down the first week of January.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Canyon Acquisition et al ---
by MoreSun