Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#245467 - 14 July 14 8:16 am - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
DobieLuvers Offline

Loc: USA / Belize
Not to hijack the thread but to instead answer a subject brought up by dirtbanker on 4/26 about our dobermans. Yes, we own property in Hopkins but only bare land as of now. Two more years to retirement and building. Yes, we LOVE our dobermans - have had many during our life but all rescues. NO, we don't breed as all of ours are neutered. We are bringing just one 125 lb dobie to Belize and he is in "Protection Training" right now. Not something I would consider before but feel it is necessary for our personal safety. At completion, he will NOT take food from anyone but us and will hold an intruder until we release him. At the same time, when he is "off command" he is so gentle that we use him as a therapy dog. He was a terrified, badly abused 79 pound bag of bones when we rescued him and now he's gorgeous! NEVER breed when you can adopt. The end result is so, so worth it!

#245471 - 14 July 14 9:13 am - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
ckocian Offline

Loc: San Antonio TX USA and Seine B...
Good to hear, DobieLuvers! That's exactly what everyone who wants to bring in their own dogs should be understanding!

#245472 - 14 July 14 10:29 am - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: ckocian]
opeth Offline

Originally Posted By: ckocian
Belize doesn't need more idiots, either. Put on your thinking cap, Opeth. A simpleton could figure out what you are being told about a stray domestic animal population. They are a health hazard and a danger to human beings and house pets! Neutering pets makes them not only better pets but healthier ones,too. Ask any animal doc or scientist and they will tell anyone who asks the same question the same thing.

Simpleton u say ????. Takes one to know one I'd say. Your parents definitively f...up on that issue. Science of eugenics says it all. Hope u have not multiplied, have u. That's sad to the human race.Nature will correct your mistake and moment of your pleasure for sure. May take it a while.How stupid you are.
I believe i can not be first person to tell you that.

#245476 - 14 July 14 12:24 pm - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
ckocian Offline

Loc: San Antonio TX USA and Seine B...
No, you're the first.

#247131 - 21 September 14 11:19 am - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
Jadee Offline

So what happened with answers for the original question:

-------------Moving in what to bring ?-------------------

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world.”

#247148 - 22 September 14 12:37 pm - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
If we were to do it over again nothing but the clothes on our backs. When we arrived in 2002 many things were either so expensive or just not available. So much has shanged now things are maybe a little more expensive but after duty and taxes not sure how much you would save. Personal momentos of family and pics of course Just my .02

#247159 - 23 September 14 5:38 am - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
Katzgar Offline

Loc: USA
"So what happened with answers for the original question:"
its been answered a gazillion times in prior posts, go ahead and read them.

#252601 - 15 August 17 6:22 pm - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo
Are there any restrictions to bring groceries on our first shipment into Belize -- all unopened cans, bottles and boxes? Even with sales tax and duty, I suspect it is less expensive then giving it away in the U.S. then buying in BZ.

#252602 - 15 August 17 6:45 pm - America/Chicago Re: Moving in what to bring ? [Re: opeth]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Shipping is by the pound as well, so figure that in.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Hi, everyone!
by Reilly
06:21 AM
Buying Things In-Country and Shipping
by Dave Bunk
16 September 17 6:27 am - America/Chicago
Medical Care at Clinica Carranza in Chetumal or Elsewhere
by GZboat
15 September 17 9:41 am - America/Chicago
Hopkins here we come!!
by jstewartpa
14 September 17 10:14 am - America/Chicago
Hello All! House mate in Sarteneja?
by Reilly
12 September 17 6:51 am - America/Chicago
Customs, Import duty and taxes
by Phil_B
11 September 17 7:27 pm - America/Chicago
permanent resident vs. qualified retired person
by Phil_B
11 September 17 7:22 pm - America/Chicago
Buying a vehicle in Belize
by Dave Bunk
08 September 17 5:16 am - America/Chicago
Anyone have past reviews Banyanbay or Midas?
by KatieValk
05 September 17 6:20 am - America/Chicago
Belmopan -- Living day to day
by britinbelize
04 September 17 8:13 pm - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com