Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252446 - 08 July 17 9:04 am - America/Chicago Long Caye Property
djean Offline

Loc: belize
Posting for a friend.

He has a lot for sale on Long Caye. Asking US$15000

You can contact me at: djean32@yahoo.com

#252555 - 05 August 17 10:26 am - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
SunCrave Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Do you mean Long Caye at the lighthouse Reef? I just went there in February this year. It looks like it is starting to take off with a few constructions going on. Very nice island.

There is going to be a show on travel channel on 8/20 covering Pirates at the reef "Belize: Ship Killer, Lighthouse Reef". It is said that Long Caye has the loot worth about $250 million hidden. People are searching:).

#252579 - 11 August 17 4:04 pm - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
Hummingbird Offline

Loc: Cayo, Pacific Northwest
I wonder if "these few constructions going on" are the same ones that were started in 2002?

#252584 - 12 August 17 4:15 pm - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
SunCrave Offline

Hummingbird, no. When I was on the island this year, I met a lady who just built a mannonite home with 2 bedrooms beachfront for $56K USD within the last couple of years. It is a very beautiful home by Pletts but was put together by Guatemalan. I also met a young man who was excited that his barge was coming that day in February with all his building materials. He said he just bought four lots in the interior of loggerhead; Another older gentleman with his wife who were there for a while with a small cabin was starting to build a new permanent home on his same lot, etc. etc. Please go see it for yourself and talk to them:).

#252585 - 12 August 17 4:25 pm - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
SunCrave Offline

By the way, if you are an owner of Long Caye, please feel free to contact me. I would like to get all the owners together to start a facebook page or some discussions of the future.

#252586 - 12 August 17 5:08 pm - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
Hummingbird Offline

Loc: Cayo, Pacific Northwest

Been out there and certainly not interested in the Caye or it's rules and regulations. This has been trying to get developed for years. I don't know anyone that would want to live out there full time other than a dive operation . I wonder if the dock is still painted yellow. The last time we were there as the developers were unloading the boat they tossed a full case of yellow paint upon the dock and it split open and the paint ran into the sea.They just stood there and laughed. So much for the eco system At one time there was a long Caye chat forum but that must have went by the way side too.Thank God we didn't buy,like some people did, without first doing alot of research.Many people weren't as lucky as we were.

#252587 - 12 August 17 5:26 pm - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
SunCrave Offline

I think a commercial lot for a dive shop makes sense. My lot is at the tip of the North side beach and is in the commercial zone. I see many boats go there from San Pedro. It would make sense to open and operate a dive operation with a lodge. That way, tourists could dive or snorkel multiple times during their stay. The Aquarium is within short distance. I snorkeled there. It was beyond beautiful. I am still very puzzled why people are so negative towards this Caye. Some simply said it is too far but dozens of boats go there every day for diving and snorkeling. I just don't know what I am missing...

#252588 - 12 August 17 5:53 pm - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Like Hummingbird said, they go once and feel ripped off. How many go a second time except the people ripping them off?

#252590 - 13 August 17 8:26 am - America/Chicago Re: Long Caye Property [Re: djean]
SunCrave Offline

Still, I don't see a rip off. I bought the land, I got it proven by the land ministry. The lot is amazing. But, I wish I was a diver and can operate a boat. I went to visit on the Caye and had a great time seeing this unsurpassed natural beauty. Great snorkeling. No one did anything to me against my will.

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Hopkins here we come!!
by Sifter
10:23 PM