Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252557 - 08 August 17 8:38 am - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
Everything Dave, Phil_B, and britinbelize said concerning "expediting" agents is true. Once forms are in the hands of the GOB, it's going to take as long as it takes. Patience is a virtue in Belize. I do think britinbelize was overly kind about the US and the onerous regulations it has imposed on Belize. What it really is is another example of the US acting as an imperial bully. The US imposes it's laws, rules, and regulations on other, smaller countries simply because it can, because it has the military and economic might to get away with it. It is not one of my homeland's more admirable characteristics. And it is not good or beneficial for most US citizens either. Empire and democracy don't mix well, and it's always democracy that suffers.
Greg

#252562 - 09 August 17 6:31 am - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]
Reilly Online   content

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo
RELATED TOPIC: Timing of vehicle import

I expect to have virtually all QRP paperwork in hand when we arrive in country. My vehicle will likely be in Florida ready to ship.

When should the vehicle be shipped with eligibility for duty exemption? Must we use bus and taxi until the QRP is approved, or can we bring the vehicle immediately with duty held in escrow; or waived because the QRP is already in process?

#252567 - 09 August 17 9:36 am - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
No if not approved you will have to pay up front. And if you do not clear in a set time period they charge storage and fees.

Edited by Dave Bunk (09 August 17 11:47 am - America/Chicago)

#252568 - 09 August 17 3:39 pm - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]
Phil_B Offline

Loc: Camalote Village
You can import your vehicle for 30 days. An extension is available for emergencies, such as medical or some other catastrophe. I got one without an emergency, but don't recommend you try it. Without knowing when your approval will come, it's not a good idea.

#252569 - 09 August 17 5:25 pm - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]

Phil, did you come through the border or the port?

#252571 - 10 August 17 12:19 pm - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]
Phil_B Offline

I came through Corozal on a Saturday night and there's only one way to do that. I immediately began the QRP process and when I found my permit expired, went to Customs in Belize where they found my passport not stamped. She told me that my truck and I were in Belize illegally and for me to head to immigration to get stamped immediately, while she figured out what to do. My truck stayed there while I took a cab to get stamped. When I got back she told AND SHOWED me the regs regarding emergency extensions. As I've said before - don't do things the way I did. She did give me the extension and she did NOT ask for anything.

#252572 - 10 August 17 1:41 pm - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]

I know everything in Belize changes that is why I asked We had a neighbor who shipped things in before QRP approved. He was told either pay full or store and pay and wait. They paid and hoped to be reimbursed but were told "tough"

#252581 - 12 August 17 7:27 am - America/Chicago Re: Are there any good QRP agents? [Re: CapnBri]
Phil_B Offline

they probably do look at shipping differently than driving in tho, knowing fully that you intend to import when you ship

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Introduction to my future Belize neighbors
by Dave Bunk