Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252233 - 05 May 17 1:44 pm - America/Chicago Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)!
dakrause Offline

* Note that the "Coastal Highway/Manatee Highway/The Shortcut" has been downgraded!

Cenrut is a community-based project to create and freely distribute GPS maps of Central America.

The project covers Belize, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, and Panama.

Cenrut 3.5 is available in formats for Garmin(PC+Mac), and iPhone/Android(Navitel, Navikey/7Ways).

Instructions in English are here: http://www.cenrut.org/adw/over.htm

#252234 - 05 May 17 7:44 pm - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo
This looks like a great tool. Unfortunately, I'm not in BZ with a Garmin GPS. It looks like the download cost is US$10. Does anyone have a review they can post?

#252239 - 07 May 17 9:28 pm - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
dakrause Offline

The non-free option(Garmin) is if you prefer to save a step and/or want to contribute to the project.

The Mapsource/Basecamp option(Garmin) is free, as are the 7Ways, CityGuide and Navitel formats(iPhone, Android.)

Please let us know if anything needs to be corrected or added, contact info on the instruction page!

Edited by dakrause (07 May 17 9:31 pm - America/Chicago)

#252240 - 08 May 17 9:42 am - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
IS 7 Ways finally working? I tried downloading it for an iPad some time ago. After several download attempts and an extensive exchange of emails, it became clear the app wasn't working. The developers admitted as much. Is it functional now?
Greg

#252241 - 09 May 17 11:16 am - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
dakrause Offline

I know of several people who use 7Ways on Android, but I am not sure if anybody uses it on an iPad. Lemme check...

#252242 - 10 May 17 10:44 am - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
dakrause Offline

Update: I did not find any iPad users of Cenrut(7Ways/Navikey), but I found an iPad user of Venrut(7Ways/Navikey). Cenrut and Venrut cover different geographic regions, but are otherwise analogous. He will provided details soon, which I will relay to you.

#252330 - 26 May 17 5:25 pm - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
dakrause Offline

Update: instructions delivered to GZboat, we should soon know if Navikey/7Ways with CENRUT is now working!

Edited by dakrause (26 May 17 5:26 pm - America/Chicago)

#252575 - 11 August 17 12:56 pm - America/Chicago Re: Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)! [Re: dakrause]
dakrause Offline

Several other users in nearby countries report that they are successfully using this setup, though I have not hear back from GZboat.

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
20 acres for sale - Belize
by Jadee
12:50 AM