Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252510 - 25 July 17 6:44 am - America/Chicago local Smart pay as you go
sitteecity Offline

Has anyone else been caught by the new rules imposed by Smart for pre-paid customers? In the past when you put credit on your phone, any existing credit (except promo) had its expiry date extended to the new last date. Now any remaining credit still expires on the old date and new credit has another date. It's almost impossible to keep track of credit as asking (122) for your balance only gives you the next lot of credit and the date when it will expire. If you call Smart (1090) they give you a list of the balances and each individual expiry date! It is also a lot harder for those who aren't in Belize all the time, and they will have to buy enough credit (in one lump) before they leave Belize to buy time all the way to their return date.

I don't believe that I ever received any message about these changes, but Smart can unilaterally change the rules whenever they please.

#252511 - 25 July 17 8:15 am - America/Chicago Re: local Smart pay as you go [Re: sitteecity]
Phil_B Offline

Loc: Camalote Village
They're in the process of upgrading their network and these are some of the 'new features'. The credit extension issue is temporary but you ARE able to access the customer website in Spanish now, for your convenience. Don't let that prompt you to switch tho. Digicell went nearly 60 days without a double up last round. I wonder if there is a cell provider anywhere in the WORLD with a satisfactory rating of 'I don't HATE it' or better.

#252517 - 25 July 17 5:16 pm - America/Chicago Re: local Smart pay as you go [Re: sitteecity]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
After 45 days I think SMART suspends your account if there is no activity. You have to send an email to them to reactivate your number.

#252563 - 09 August 17 6:56 am - America/Chicago Re: local Smart pay as you go [Re: sitteecity]
sitteecity Offline

We live in Hopkins and my husband and I each have a phone, purchased from Smart. They are different brands (LG and Samsung) and are 5 and 3 years old. For the last couple of weeks neither phone will hold its charge for long. We charge a phone in the morning, maybe make a short call or two, and by the evening it's down to one bar again or turned itself off. There are also strange messages on the screen; 'searching SVC Smart' or 'entering service area'. Do other people have the same problem, or does anyone know what is going on? Also the phones often feel warmer than usual, even when not being charged or used!

#252564 - 09 August 17 8:58 am - America/Chicago Re: local Smart pay as you go [Re: sitteecity]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
At those ages, my first thoughts would be batteries going bad. The weird messages may be nothing more than a side effect of the phone seeing improper voltage. I'd replace the batteries and see if the problems went away.
Greg

#252566 - 09 August 17 9:34 am - America/Chicago Re: local Smart pay as you go [Re: sitteecity]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Check ebay for batteries most places want more for the battery than you paid for the phone. We find sellers there that will ship to Belize if you ask them!

#252573 - 11 August 17 8:25 am - America/Chicago Re: local Smart pay as you go [Re: sitteecity]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
Just order on Ebay and have it shipped to your PO box in Dangriga. Easypeasy.

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Hopkins here we come!!
by JohnP
11:18 AM
septic design
by cayobound
15 October 17 8:31 pm - America/Chicago
Locating Contractors in the Hopkins Area
by Loudsecret
14 October 17 4:09 pm - America/Chicago
Septic system
by Loudsecret
14 October 17 3:22 pm - America/Chicago
FREE Belize Online Classified Ads
by adclassified
14 October 17 10:56 am - America/Chicago
Selling 2acres Sarteneja Rocky point Seafront and lagoon front
by BZ501
14 October 17 9:53 am - America/Chicago
ocean freight company?
by JohnP
13 October 17 8:29 am - America/Chicago
Shipping from Alberta to Belize
by Katzgar
12 October 17 4:25 pm - America/Chicago
Strange building under construction in Belmopan
by McBob
06 October 17 7:46 am - America/Chicago
Cenrut 3.6 available(GPS maps of Belize)!
by dakrause
03 October 17 10:15 am - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com