Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252523 - 27 July 17 5:55 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
gelint Online   content

Loc: Norway , Iowa
Send us a pic of your cabana project. I'd love to see your idea for my future plans.

#252537 - 02 August 17 7:29 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
Sifter Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA, Hopkins, Beliz...
Absolutely. We will be in Hopkins until September.
Then we are coming back for a no snow Christmas.

#252657 - 21 August 17 10:23 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
Sifter Offline

In Hopkins now. Power pole is signed!! Peter and Leslee #18. Love it here, been working on the cabana. All is good except one thing. The sandflies are absolutely insanely atrocious! Very hard to enjoy the beach let alone be outside at all. Still learning how to protect ourselves from these little devils. Paradise, you bet, but the sandflies really, really put put a damper on the whole trip...

#252661 - 22 August 17 9:50 am - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo
In May 2016, Cayo Bound shared the following:

"Here's a link to an old thread on sandflies in Hopkins (some folks are lucky and the sandflies ignore them) confused ...

http://www.belizeforum.com/belize/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=120573 "

Or, type "sandflies" into the search box for 50 results!

#252666 - 22 August 17 10:58 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
Sifter Offline

We're not giving up yet. Been asking around, seems everyone just basically deals with them on an individual results basis. I believe it all started with no protection from the very beginning and we've heard they are worse now being the rainy season. We are coming back in December so we will see. Also, beginning soon we will be treating our land with some anti sandflie solutions. Time will tell....

#252670 - 23 August 17 7:11 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
gelint Online   content

Glad you made it.How was the drive thru Mexico ? Did you haul the golf cart ? Thanks for signing our pole. Julie and I hope to start building Jan. 2018.I know about sandfly bites.I itch with the best of you. Enjoy, Gregg and Julie lot 44.

#252694 - 26 August 17 6:15 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
gelint Online   content

Sifter, Julie just talked to Janet.Is she your next neighbor ? House with the star on the fence.

#252696 - 26 August 17 7:19 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
Sifter Offline

Yes, Janet is our neighbor to the North. South of us is a swamplot.

Been here for a few weeks now. We've been building hardwood walls, hardwood countertop. Installed the water lines, have most of the drains complete. Now we have running water and appliances too.

We've also been planting some coconut palms, alexander palms, some flowers and lime trees.

#252697 - 26 August 17 7:32 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
Sifter Offline

Oh and we have internet and cable tv now as well.
I'm currently working on tiling the shower.

This is paradise for sure. We spend all day working and go out at night for a few hours.

The drive through Mexico was amazing! I never thought it was such a beautiful country. And really warm and friendly people along the way. In fact we still talk about taking a road trip back into Mexico to hang out.
Yes we imported a Jeep, 4x8 trailer and golfcart and a bunch of tools and household goods. Mexico border was a BIG pain, almost wouldn't let us in with the golfcart (even though the mexico customs website states you can bring in a golfcart) i believe they were looking for a bribe and i wasn't budging.

Now the belize border took about 7 hours from start to finish. Not a hassle just a LOT of waiting, then you sign a paper then wait for your broker to show back up, sign another paper then wait for your broker again etc.

Overall, stellar trip! Would not hesitate to do it again.

#252698 - 26 August 17 7:55 pm - America/Chicago Re: Hopkins here we come!! [Re: Sifter]
gelint Online   content

Thanks for your update. Janet helps us with our questions by email and by phone. Where in Wisconsin are you from ? Julie's sister is in Mt Horeb. P.S. go hawkeyes !!!!!

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Marco Caruso et al
by Lorance