Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252365 - 11 June 17 11:19 pm - America/Chicago Re: Best Place To Dive [Re: Cobra7]
Alexh Offline

What about Great Blue Hole?

#252366 - 12 June 17 2:45 am - America/Chicago Re: Best Place To Dive [Re: Cobra7]
hopefulist Offline

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
I still vote Glovers but really enjoyed diving the Great Blue Hole - so unique! We were lucky to have loads of big reef sharks swimming in and out of the stalactites with us and part of the win was the 2 additional dive sites, Half Moon Caye Wall and Long Caye Aquarium.

#252497 - 16 July 17 10:20 am - America/Chicago Re: Best Place To Dive [Re: Cobra7]
Katzgar Offline

Loc: USA
look at the blue hole on youtube...some like holes and some dont.

#252504 - 22 July 17 7:48 am - America/Chicago Re: Best Place To Dive [Re: Cobra7]
Phil_B Offline

Loc: Camalote Village
night dive at Hol Chan Marine Reserve is a must do. Turtles, squid, the glow worm things, and all the animals come out to feed. It's not deep and has a tidal current but watching the green eel and parrot fish work together was cool. The eel poke thu all the holes in the reef, the parrot fish grabs an end and the eel comes out to grab the other end and the food frenzy is on! Ambergris is easiest and has the most sites with a few swim throughs.

The blue hole is basically a notch in your belt but it comes with Lighthouse and Glovers Reef so it's still good, though you're paying a lot for gas.

#252505 - 22 July 17 8:29 am - America/Chicago Re: Best Place To Dive [Re: Cobra7]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
All the places mentioned so far are great dives. They are all part of what makes Belize a world-class scuba diving destination. As a matter of information, there are mainland locations for cenote diving, though they haven't been developed yet. I know of several in the Corozal District. Just a thought for an aspiring dive center owner.........
Greg

#252508 - 23 July 17 4:24 pm - America/Chicago Re: Best Place To Dive [Re: Cobra7]
ElDorado Offline

Loc: Belize
Blue Hole is different. Not much life down there except the sharks which circle on the edge of visibility in the middle. You have to go down to 30 m to see them and the stalactites so it's not a long dive. Careful going down though, I hit 40 m before I realised the beeping was my computer trying to tell me something.

The highlight of that trip however was The Elbow at the bottom of Turneffe Atoll. Amazing viz, saw a sailfish above us, got close up with a turtle, watched dolphins chasing each other, and good coral with all the small stuff that goes with it.

Gladden Split is all about whale sharks. You wander about in empty blue water for ages hoping to see one, and when you finally do it is as fleeting as it is amazing. The snorkellers up top got a better view I think but they also got seasick from the swell as it is outside the reef. The smart ones brought pills and took them on the way out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
For our friends in the USA
by britinbelize
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
fishing guides ?
by EthelP
Yesterday at 03:01 AM
Building a Dock
by sun_rain_sun
13 November 17 1:10 pm - America/Chicago
Red Bank contact info
by patrocle
13 November 17 8:46 am - America/Chicago
paying property tax. Help Please!
by GaryTobago
09 November 17 8:45 pm - America/Chicago
COROZAL - SEA VIEW APARTMENT - 1 Bedroom / 1 Bath
by copa banana
08 November 17 12:20 pm - America/Chicago
Airport parking Belize City
by Dave Bunk
07 November 17 5:22 pm - America/Chicago
septic design
by McBob
06 November 17 7:59 am - America/Chicago
Ensure property is Authenticated before purchase!
by GZboat
03 November 17 10:03 am - America/Chicago
Hopkins here we come!!
by ElDorado
30 October 17 9:09 pm - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com