Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252448 - 08 July 17 9:45 am - America/Chicago Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico
BennyBen Offline

Hi There

Is it possible to rent a car in Placencia and drop off Cancun, Mexico?
Another option would be to rent in Placencia and drop of in Corozal.

Ideally would like to pick up in Belize and drop off in Mexico so we can explore on the way up from Placencia!

Many Thanks

#252451 - 08 July 17 12:45 pm - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
JohnP Offline

Loc: Michigan / Sittee River
Good luck I don't see that happening.

#252453 - 09 July 17 8:22 am - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
patrocle Online   content

Loc: Washington Dc
How do you plan to get to Placencia? You can rent a car at the Belize airport but I think you would need to return it there.

#252454 - 09 July 17 8:35 am - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
Phil_B Offline

Loc: Camalote Village
buying a hooptie would probably be your best bet

#252456 - 09 July 17 10:09 am - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
britinbelize Offline

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
I think it was Crystal that last year were offering a trial of one way rentals, at specific times of the day in the major population areas, I know there was a Belmopan option. but the vehicle would still have to be returned to to a Belize location not Mexico. could call them and see it they could organise Placencia to Corozal.

#252457 - 09 July 17 6:56 pm - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Was there not a small van company going from Belize City to Cancun?

#252458 - 09 July 17 10:32 pm - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
Crystal never had an office in Corozal. Car rentals there were available through a local company, Corozal Car Rentals:
Corozal Cars
I'd think Crystal would need to have an office in Corozal to do one-ways unless Mr. Riveroll made some sort of arrangement with them. There's no mention of such an arrangement on his website. Here's a page of Corozal-based transfer services:
Transfers
Belize VIP is the best-known of the bunch and I see they are advertising rental cars now too. There was another well-established transfer service in Corozal, but I didn't see them listed and I can't remember their name anymore. I really cannot imagine that anyone would allow drop-offs across an international border.
Greg
P.S. Oops, found it!
Morales Travel

#252459 - 10 July 17 6:31 am - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
MisterB Offline

Loc: Belize
I know of one car rental company at Placencia...
http://placenciacarrental.com/

You'll have to contact them to ask about a one-way rental.

If they allow a one-way rental only as far as Corozal, you could continue to Mexico with one of the Corozal-based transfer services. In fact, a transfer service is a good choice for any part of the trip.

On another forum, a visitor said that Crystal allowed a one-way rental within Belize. Crystal does allow cars to go to Guatemala (but not one-way rental) -- you could ask about Mexico.

There might be other car rental company companies listed in the Placencia Breeze (I haven't read it)...
https://issuu.com/theplacenciabreeze/docs

#252462 - 10 July 17 7:58 am - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
Crystal does not have 1 way's to Mexico or Guatemala. They allow you to go to Guatemala or Mexico with advance notice to visit for an additional fee, but you must return the vehicle to Belize.

#252473 - 11 July 17 9:57 am - America/Chicago Re: Car Rental Pick Up Placencia drop off Mexico [Re: BennyBen]
BennyBen Offline

Wow!Thank you all for the replies, really appreciated!!

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
For our friends in the USA
by britinbelize
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
fishing guides ?
by EthelP
Yesterday at 03:01 AM
Building a Dock
by sun_rain_sun
13 November 17 1:10 pm - America/Chicago
Red Bank contact info
by patrocle
13 November 17 8:46 am - America/Chicago
paying property tax. Help Please!
by GaryTobago
09 November 17 8:45 pm - America/Chicago
COROZAL - SEA VIEW APARTMENT - 1 Bedroom / 1 Bath
by copa banana
08 November 17 12:20 pm - America/Chicago
Airport parking Belize City
by Dave Bunk
07 November 17 5:22 pm - America/Chicago
septic design
by McBob
06 November 17 7:59 am - America/Chicago
Ensure property is Authenticated before purchase!
by GZboat
03 November 17 10:03 am - America/Chicago
Hopkins here we come!!
by ElDorado
30 October 17 9:09 pm - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com