Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252299 - 16 May 17 11:00 am - America/Chicago Renewing Vows help
Misslaura91 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hello,

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am visiting in November and would like to have a vow renewal. This will be just us and my little daughter. I noticed some hotels have pretty pricey packages but for just us three I don't know if its worth 900-1200 .... Does anyone know of ideas for small vow renewal places, companies, etc.?
Thanks!

Edited by Misslaura91 (16 May 17 11:00 am - America/Chicago)

#252301 - 16 May 17 3:25 pm - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Misslaura91]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
First important question is where in Belize do you want to get married? The Cayes, mainland, what city?

#252303 - 16 May 17 3:42 pm - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Dave Bunk]
Misslaura91 Offline

We will be there for ten days, staying at belize city, san Ignacio, and then san pedro so open to any of those areas.

#252305 - 16 May 17 8:39 pm - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Misslaura91]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo
Google "Wedding chapels in Belize" for a plethora of possibilities, though perhaps you have done that already.

One suggestion that may work for a nice renewal of vows in San Ignacio is to contact Macarena Rose. She is the owner of Rainforest Realty but also a protestant minister and has a great personality. The San Ignacio Resort Hotel would be an excellent venue. I believe the cost would be much less than you mentioned. Email her at MacarenaRose@gmail.com

#252312 - 17 May 17 9:33 pm - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Misslaura91]
britinbelize Offline

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
If it is just a simple and personal ceremony you are looking for, would it not be as simple to contact a church in one of those locations (probably not Belize city) of your own denomination and ask if the pastor would be happy to help you. For a small donation I am sure most pastors would be happy to have a small service.Mostly the chapels and wedding service providers are used to doing a full blown service with guests, receptions, photography etc in semi public places and charge accordingly.
When my husband and i renewed we had a personal service with just ourselves children and the Priest. it felt so much more personal than the original wedding many years earlier, More special too because we were just endorsing our love and commitment to each other and our Family.

#252316 - 18 May 17 8:10 am - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Misslaura91]
Reilly Offline

To add to Brits suggestion, there are churches of various denominations in and near Belmopan. Unless you are flying, it is on your way from San Ignacio to San Pedro and could make a one day excursion on the way.

#252357 - 01 June 17 2:23 pm - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Misslaura91]
Misslaura91 Offline

I found something but wanted to share the info on here in case someone else needs it too ....

Islabonitaweddings has a vow renewal package for 500 and then if you want pictures done as well a great photographer Jose Luis Zapata he has packages around 500 and up.

Thanks all!

#252359 - 03 June 17 6:36 am - America/Chicago Re: Renewing Vows help [Re: Misslaura91]
Reilly Offline

Thanks for your update. It is encouraging to know the course a request here on the site has taken.

Best wishes for your visit and vow exchange later this year. Perhaps you'll post an update then.

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Westjet to Belize from Calgary direct
by D InTheShade
Yesterday at 05:32 PM