Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252107 - 30 March 17 11:28 am - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
jstewartpa Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania and Hopkins
In Hopkins your water hookup payment address all depends on where and who you bought your property from.

Also in Hopkins, the guy with the curliest hair is usually the worst electrician smile

#252110 - 31 March 17 9:18 am - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: jstewartpa]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
Originally Posted By: jstewartpa
Also in Hopkins, the guy with the curliest hair is usually the worst electrician smile

Isn't that true the world over?

#252119 - 03 April 17 5:00 pm - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
gelint Offline

Loc: Norway , Iowa
OK I get it !!!!!

#252172 - 14 April 17 5:01 pm - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
gelint Offline

Loc: Norway , Iowa
Progress to our filled lot. Our electrical pole is up too. Didn't take long.Darren did a great job.

#252181 - 18 April 17 4:57 am - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: britinbelize]
mcagun Offline

Loc: U.K; Corozal
Originally Posted By: britinbelize
I was under the impression that you have to use an electrician off the BEL list for the Instal

This depends if you go down the CBA permit to build route.
Which I would always advise you do

You have to satisfy the PUC, before you even submit anything to CBA.

Some of you guys make me laugh, with your DIY electrics.

I would never attempt to do the electrics, you are just asking to get burnt.
Get in a qualified professional, it may just save your life and your home

#252197 - 19 April 17 8:20 pm - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: mcagun]
D InTheShade Offline

Loc: Calgary, Mile 5 Southern Hwy
Qualified Professional?

Where do Belizeans receive "qualification" to be electrician?
I don't believe there is an apprenticeship program or college for that here. Most that study abroad and receive "qualification" will stay out of country.

Forget about "professional", anyone paid to do what they do is a professional, set block, gang boxes, conduit and junction boxes, lay tile, wire your house, whether they do it right or wrong.

The Master Electrician recommended by BEL did not wire Neutral to Ground at the first point of entry and separate throughout all my further sub panels. He didn't even connect Neutral?? Service entrance was wired incorrectly for a year before I studied and corrected. Ya it worked but not to NEC.

My DIY WILL be correct. No laughing matter!

#252198 - 19 April 17 10:34 pm - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
britinbelize Offline

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
My builder is Belizean he trained within Belize in the 70's at the technical school in San Ignatio (don't know if it is still there) he then went to the USA (legally)and worked with a relative, built up his own successful building company. He has US qualifications/registrations in all aspects of the building trade. He returned to Belize as his wife wanted to raise children In Belize not Texas. It is not inevitable that Belizeans will not return after they get the training overseas.
He has a small team who he trains and teaches himself there are some examinations trades have people take to get Qualified particularly in Electrical installation. They have to have that to get on to the BEL list of approved installers.
Same the world over the Qallifications alone does not mean the worker is good at the job, just that for one day they were good enough to pass a test.

#252199 - 20 April 17 6:52 am - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
Dave Bunk Online   embarrased

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
For many years at Machaca camp in Toledo district we hosted 2 men from Canada every year. They came and taught a 2 week course in Basic electrical wiring and at the end of the course the students wired one of the cabin houses on the camp. After they completed the course they were allowed to go to Belmopan and sit for the electrical license test. Then the GOB issued them a license on passing the test. But many people took the course so that they knew how to do the wiring on the house they were building.

#252200 - 20 April 17 9:42 am - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
D, I believe there are some in-country technical schools where Belizeans can get formal electrical training. I believe the Escuela Secundaria Tecnica Mexico in the Corozal District just outside Corozal Town is one such place. Here's a link from their website:
Escuela Secundaria Tecnica Mexico
The website doesn't reveal much, but there are both third and fourth form classes in the subject.
Greg

#252201 - 20 April 17 12:32 pm - America/Chicago Re: Lot filled in Hopkins [Re: gelint]
sittee Offline

Loc: sittee point
We've come across electricians who were trained by the British Army. Maybe the Belizean Army does the same?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Hopkins here we come!!
by JohnP
11:18 AM
septic design
by cayobound
15 October 17 8:31 pm - America/Chicago
Locating Contractors in the Hopkins Area
by Loudsecret
14 October 17 4:09 pm - America/Chicago
Septic system
by Loudsecret
14 October 17 3:22 pm - America/Chicago
FREE Belize Online Classified Ads
by adclassified
14 October 17 10:56 am - America/Chicago
Selling 2acres Sarteneja Rocky point Seafront and lagoon front
by BZ501
14 October 17 9:53 am - America/Chicago
ocean freight company?
by JohnP
13 October 17 8:29 am - America/Chicago
Shipping from Alberta to Belize
by Katzgar
12 October 17 4:25 pm - America/Chicago
Strange building under construction in Belmopan
by McBob
06 October 17 7:46 am - America/Chicago
Cenrut 3.6 available(GPS maps of Belize)!
by dakrause
03 October 17 10:15 am - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com