Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252069 - 14 March 17 2:19 am - America/Chicago Paradise At An Affordable Price
mcagun Offline

Loc: U.K; Corozal
This beautiful home is a quality built retirement/family house that is being built & developed by the present & motivated owner and as such is of great quality throughout.

Completion date is Sept 2017

The Home is sited on a .25 acre Lot, on the very desirable and beautiful expat development called "Mayan Seaside".

Mayan Seaside is situated 7 miles from Corozal Town, which is in the district of 'Corozal', Belize's most Northerly District, which borders Mexico's city called Chetumal which in turn is in the southern part of the 'Yucatan Peninsula' & the district of 'Quintana Roo'

Mayan Seaside is within walking distance to the quaint fishing village of Consejo that overlooks Bahia De Chetumal

'Mayan Seaside' Community has fantastic shared facilities which include;
*A Community pier with seating and shaded Palapa, Sun bathing decks and steps down to water
*Boat Moorings
*Games Court Area
*Several Beaches
*Water Volley Ball Court
*Picnic & BBQ areas,
*Lagoon with exercise track around,
*Waterfront Parks,
*Wooded Trails
*Waterfront Trails
*Protected Mayan Sites,
*Community Workshop,
*Communal Toilets & Shower
*Water Sports Equipment

Local Amenities within walking distance include;
*Beaches
*Fishing Spots
*Several Bar/Restaurants,
*Convenience store,
*Garden Nursery & Fruit & Vegetable farm
*Hotels
*9 Hole Golf Course.
*Fishing Boat & Tour Rentals

The Home
Built by "Linda Vista", a quality Mennonite home builder from Cayo district and transported to Mayan Seaside.

Elevated 9' on top of Concrete Posts and Ring Beam

20' X 24' 480 Sq,ft open plan living space, consisting of;

Vaulted ceilings finished with local hardwoods.

Floors are again, finished with Belizean Hardwoods species

Kitchen with bespoke hardwood cabinetry with Granite worktops

Dining/Living room with side entrance & rear double doors leading to

Patio 10' X 24' - 240 sq. feet overlooking rear gardens

Additional - 480 sq. feet finished floor under the home which includes:

*Hard Standing for vehicle
*Utility Room which includes a second toilet, a laundry sink, . plumbing for washing machine and has ample space for storage.
*BBQ Area.

Limited period price offer of $116,000US is the
pre-completion price and only available from now until September 2017.

You will not find a more affordable offer than this in the area.
You have to remember that you are not just buying a home, you are buying into a different way of life.

Slow Down - Relax - Live Longer

Click to see Pictures

#252073 - 14 March 17 2:00 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
britinbelize Offline

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
So it is Regular Lynda vista shell made into a small studio apartment with downstairs toilet.
No mention of a first bathroom or bedroom or if it is connected to utilities. I did not think the north had become so expensive, if this (as described) would be considered THE most affordable home. Just saying sq foot prices about 3 times + what i have just had built. Maybe it is really expensive lot. admitted my place is in the center of the country. just river side not seaside.

#252075 - 15 March 17 9:24 am - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
The north hasn't become that expensive yet, except in a couple of gringo enclaves that are trying to get North American prices for Belizean land. Same old story. Mayan Seaside, and it's close kin Consejo Shores and Orchid Bay, are nice enough, I guess. That is, if you don't want to live around any roots Belizeans.
Greg
P.S. I can't tell if this house is on a waterfront lot or not. I suspect not.

Edited by GZboat (15 March 17 9:26 am - America/Chicago)

#252077 - 15 March 17 2:00 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
241 US per sq foot affordable for a Linda Vista house?

#252078 - 15 March 17 4:45 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
jammin Offline

Loc: corozal town, belize
i have to agree with GZboat...north has not become that expensive except for a few expats/part time residents who want to make big bucks....this parcel is not on waterfront nor can you even hardly see the water from it....way too expensive IMHO....sad sad sad...

#252079 - 15 March 17 7:40 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
britinbelize Offline

so asking price is 232,000 Bze$. Well I just checked the prices at linda vista for a "finished"(not basic shell) house that size its about 30K bze $ so even adding delivery and concrete pillars and ring beams lets be generous and add 20K bze$ for that. The other 180 Plus Bze$ is for the land and what must be super luxury extra finishings costs. On a quarter acre lot that is not even beach front seems awfully expensive, so I presume it IS fully connected to all utilities. Hope he gets a buyer who does not do any research into priceing in Belize.

#252194 - 18 April 17 11:46 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
mcagun Offline

Loc: U.K; Corozal
britinbelize et alii

your valuations are way wrong

I wish I had paid $30K for the home to be delivered, also the home is definitely not the basic format.
And to be fair is not yet finished

Your calcs on foundations and beams ARE very generous, Maybe in your calcs you have missed a few pieces of steel or a few bags of cement

You have not costed the utility room, septic system & leach field, Concrete floor, hook-ups, raised deck, or smart electronics,

You have not included any clearing of trees, fill, CBA permit application fees, Engineers drawing & stamp fees, or drive-way

Lots on Mayan Seaside are now commanding roughly $60-$300K

There is more that 480sqft when you include the raised deck, the usable floor under and the 120sqft utility

I am not just selling a Home, I am also selling Mayan Seaside, probably one of the better managed developments in the whole of Belize, the owner has done a fantastic job in creating a little gem this is probably why,,,,
Since I bought my 1st lot, the value has inflated approx 3 fold, so its a basic case of real estate economics.

I will also be adding, once complete the benefit of rent before you buy scheme, if you decide to buy after you rent for a fixed period, then the rent will be deducted from the sales figure.

I am very confident that this property is set at a fair price, again, you do not just get a home, you get full access to the Mayan Seaside product.
Of which I am very confident that once you experience the lifestyle, you will come to understand why this development has become a great success.

Slow Down - Relax - Live Longer

Edited by mcagun (19 April 17 12:00 am - America/Chicago)

#252196 - 19 April 17 5:17 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
britinbelize Offline

I have a 1200 sq ft house. if you want to add the decking footage on both floors area goes up to 3000 ft. All the septics and soak aways, water catchment tanks pump and water heater. Cathedral ceilings, all the home is beautifully finished in all local hardwoods on upper floor and concrete block and tiles downstairs. with hardwood cabinetry.
Two master suites, Laundry/ large storage room, plus craft room/spare bedroom if needed, fully fitted custom Kitchen (to my specs). No airconditioning but cieling fans in all living spaces. Also have a small ground floor Bathroom and shower accessable from outside only. Good for handyman and any workers on the land. Connected to mains and solar electricity and on river frontage land. Only a couple of acres cleared for building areas. included in my calculations.
All was built on site by wonderful local craftsman builder. Using local Hardwoods All legalities for building with associated fees, including all white goods and furnishings when all totaled my cost per sq foot if only counting the Home part (1200 ft) would be about $160Bze working it out on the total 3000sq ft with decks its down to about $65Bze per foot. My land it sits on cost me about $6200 per acre.
The first basic Unfinished wooden and block 1000sq ft including deck house initialy cost $37bze per foot to included septics,water catchment soak away and pump. ( added the heater to that later and drywall etc for finishings improving on the mnimal original bathroom and Kitchen.That was on 9 foot concrete post and beam construction3 years ago and survived Earl last year unscathed.
I am 10 minutes drive fro Belmopan which for those who have not visited for a while is a very nice city, with night life resteraunts and good shopping.
The cost for the expat resort life style in Corozal district is a very expensive element.
But it seems one of the most vaunted aspects of that area is its proximity to Mexico so I do hope it will be exactly what someone is looking for.
Rent to buy is a very good idea as it such a sensible approach for those coming to Belize as first timers.

#252202 - 20 April 17 2:05 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA, Cayo
Hasn't the BZ exit tax by air just increased to US$50? Is the Corozal/Chetumal trip still US$18.75? NO FEE to Spanish Lookout!

#252203 - 20 April 17 5:15 pm - America/Chicago Re: Paradise At An Affordable Price [Re: mcagun]
britinbelize Offline

not sure if it has actually become law lots of the tourism industry and airlines are really fighting it. The exit fee will then be $40US. Even for a day trip to Chet or Tikal. If it actually starts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Housekeeping in Belmopan City
by Ashanti2017
4 seconds ago
Book accommodation in advance or on arrival?
by Phil_B
Today at 10:40 AM
Copperbank Property
by Bobok
Today at 07:49 AM
Cenrut 3.5 available(GPS maps of Belize)!
by dakrause
26 May 17 5:25 pm - America/Chicago
Is anyone a fire dancer/entertainer or know of one?
by leenew828
25 May 17 9:39 am - America/Chicago
Burglar Bars availability near Hopkins
by britinbelize
24 May 17 12:27 pm - America/Chicago
Google Earth updates
by TexItalian
20 May 17 7:24 am - America/Chicago
New To Belize Forums
by GZboat
18 May 17 10:43 pm - America/Chicago
Sanctuary Belize on the block