Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252031 - 28 February 17 7:08 am - America/Chicago HVAC service tech/sales employment
phillipt85 Offline

Ok...this is my first forum posting ever...please forgive any mistakes.
I am a HVAC service tech with 10+ years experience living in Missouri currently holding a sales position...I'm seriously considering moving to Belize...but obviously need a job...can anyone help me with info ?

#252033 - 28 February 17 12:37 pm - America/Chicago Re: HVAC service tech/sales employment [Re: phillipt85]
britinbelize Offline

Loc: Bay area CA + Belmopan
If moving and living in Belize is totally dependent on paid employment when you arrive it is going to be really difficult.
Employment in Belize for expats is rare to find, unless you have skills needed but unavailable in Belize. You need a work permit not always granted and can take months to years to be approved. Jobs are always offered to local persons before expats are considered. Salary levels in Belize are really low, they do have minimum wage levels which depending on type of work start at $3 bze per hour for an adult. Under 21 is $2 an hour. $2 bze is $! us.
If you have some cash behind you you could start your own business and Hvac might not be a bad business to start.
Without the cash behind you Belize is not as inexpensive as you probably imagine. I am not just trying to pour cold water on your dream but being a realist.

#252034 - 28 February 17 1:12 pm - America/Chicago Re: HVAC service tech/sales employment [Re: phillipt85]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Lets put it this way we have a commercial kitchen on the camp in Toledo. We hired about the best contractor to service our equipment I have known in the US or Belize. As we got to be friends I asked him one day about how much he makes. He told me about 750 Bze on a good week and he travels all across the country. That is about 375 US per week. Can you live on that after you go through all the hassle of setting up a business and getting a work permit?

#252036 - 28 February 17 2:36 pm - America/Chicago Re: HVAC service tech/sales employment [Re: phillipt85]
ElDorado Offline

Loc: Belize
750 BZ$ a week is pretty good by Belizean standards, I believe the average wage is about 200.
If you have enough savings, or better a house in Missouri you can rent out, you can come down and stay without working for the 18 months to 2 years it takes to get residency, which will allow you to work.
If you find a job in the meantime, and a skilled American-educated person should be able to find something, your employer may have the connections to expedite a work permit until you get your residency.

#252038 - 01 March 17 9:19 am - America/Chicago Re: HVAC service tech/sales employment [Re: phillipt85]
Dave Bunk Offline

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Correct by Bze that is a great salary but by US standards that is only a couple of hours work for a good HVAC man. Cannot compare the two calculate funds to support yourself

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Sarteneja (2) - 5 acre Seafront Parcels for Sale by Owner
by Carletta
4 seconds ago