Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#251949 - 12 February 17 12:49 pm - America/Chicago Re: Biospharms scam in Cayo District [Re: miahallen]
miahallen Offline

The latest news concerning our legal battle at Biospharms is that six of the other buyers who have stood by Darin and his methods, have become convinced to sue those of us who have been the most vocal opposition to his tactics. Four of these people we have never met (purchasers who live in the states and have not visited the property in the 2 1/2 years we've lived here). Accordingly, they have sent out threats of a class-action lawsuit against us as quoted below (names removed):

Quote:
This week we are joining a Class-Action Lawsuit against you, and Jeremiah, to stop your liable-slander, and defamation attacks on our community, and the Smith family (especially against the children). Our whole community has been patient with you, and your troubles, that you wished for everyone to hear, and now everyone has heard them.

This problem has been vetted several different ways, through the Supreme Court, and Court-Ordered Mediation, and nothing illegal, nor immoral was ever proven, despite your persistent accusations, and attacks. Yet you stand in Contempt-of-Court, and that is worrisome for most of us here.

Your physical and verbal attacks on the community, the developers, and the livestock is costing all of us money and time, in property values, family time, and peace-of-mind. We demand you Cease & Desist - stop the liable/slander online immediately, and remove everything you have posted by the end of this week, as per your court-ordered mediation agreement.

Once we sign on to this suit we will not stop until we have recovered all of our punitive, and property damages from you personally.

This is my prayer for today:
Quote:
1 To you, O Lord, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if you be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
2 Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to you for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary.
3 Do not drag me off with the wicked, with the workers of evil, who speak peace with their neighbors while evil is in their hearts.
4 Give to them according to their work and according to the evil of their deeds; give to them according to the work of their hands; render them their due reward.
5 Because they do not regard the works of the Lord or the work of his hands, he will tear them down and build them up no more.
6 Blessed be the Lord! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
8 The Lord is the strength of his people; he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
9 Oh, save your people and bless your heritage! Be their shepherd and carry them forever.

- Psalm 28

#251962 - 13 February 17 10:03 am - America/Chicago Re: Biospharms scam in Cayo District [Re: miahallen]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
Jeremiah, are they threatening to sue in the US or Belize? It's clearly a nuisance suit designed to shut you up. If they try it in the states, courts take a dim view of such things. If it can be shown to be a nuisance suit, they open themselves to counter-suit with particularly high punitive damages. I hate to say this, but perhaps it's time to find a lawyer and threaten back. Sorry to hear you are still having problems with these clowns. It was obvious from your posts here that you were trying to accept and live with the Belizean court's decision and move on. Too bad Darin Smith isn't, but that's not much of a surprise, is it?
Greg
P.S. As a matter of curiosity, just how are they justifying the contempt-of-court allegation?
P.P.S. Here are a couple of Wikipedia entries that might give you a starting place in dealing with this:
Frivilous litigation
Abuse of Process

Edited by GZboat (13 February 17 10:13 am - America/Chicago)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Auto purchase from QRP person
by Reilly
02:21 PM
2006 Driver's Guide is Out
by D InTheShade
20 February 17 7:39 pm - America/Chicago
Reimer's Health Food
by BrigitteBac
20 February 17 8:34 am - America/Chicago
Whole wheat creole bread
by sassyone
20 February 17 8:19 am - America/Chicago
Canyon Acquisition et al ---
by patsy
20 February 17 4:02 am - America/Chicago
Looking for a rider, or caravan, from Texas to Belize early May.
by Reilly
19 February 17 8:14 pm - America/Chicago
Ferry service update
by GZboat
19 February 17 11:48 am - America/Chicago
Placencia Village Canal Front Long Term Rental House
by Backader
19 February 17 9:16 am - America/Chicago
Considering the move to Belize
by admissionb
14 February 17 9:54 pm - America/Chicago
Ensure property is Authenticated before purchase!
by Osprey
13 February 17 10:06 am - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com