Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#233445 - 17 July 13 6:57 am - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent or work on place as rent [Re: scottemmert]
bonbon Offline

Loc: Corozal Belize
bubble, I think they young have a whole different way of expressing themselves Than we do. It does not even have anything to do with there education The F word seems to be in there vocabulary.

And April thank you for the kind words.

#233447 - 17 July 13 7:12 am - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent or work on place as rent [Re: bonbon]
Tarpoon Offline

Loc: Florida / Copper Bank Village
What gets me about this person is, in their second post on this subject they end their post with ‘Have a great weekend and God Bless..’. Then their third post ends using the F—word. This should indicate the type of person you are dealing with.

cool cool

'I not only know who I am .. I also know where I'm going.' Rev. Billy Graham

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't,

than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.

#233451 - 17 July 13 11:35 am - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent or work on place as rent [Re: scottemmert]
lpalo Offline

Loc: Placencia, Belize
I am rather new to this forum and very close to my move. I must say that before posting a question it is good to look at other posts and google for information. One of the first things I learned was that you can't work or volunteer in Belize until you have a work permit. It is posted everywhere and very clear. The people that answer questions on this forum are very knowledgeable and care very much about the country they live in and are trying to protect the people they have grown to care about. The main thing I have learned and it has been stated many times, is that you are in someone else's country and must respect the people that live there. Everyone can do what they want, in the end we all do, however, I will not take any chances and will follow the rules that have been mentioned many times in this forum. In one month we will be there and ready to start our big adventure. Good luck to you Scot, I hope you are able to make it to Belize.

#233452 - 17 July 13 11:49 am - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent or work on place as rent [Re: scottemmert]
GZboat Offline

Loc: Tarpon Springs, Fl./Copper Ban...
Very well put Ipalo, and good luck to you. With your attitude, you should do just fine.
Greg

#241658 - 27 February 14 3:32 pm - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent or work on place as rent [Re: TheGryphon]
JimTinker Offline

Loc: NC, USA
I understand the need to hire a local if you plan on running your own business... my question is what constitutes a hired local?

is it full time, part time, commissioned?

is there a specific set of rules to cover this?

just wondering as someday I want to relocate

thanks
JT

SignMaker: www.decals-by-jt.wix.com/jt-sign-services

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/The-Aquaponics-Garden/109699172434627

Background Actor-Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, East bound & Down, Tammy

#241659 - 27 February 14 3:47 pm - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent or work on place as rent [Re: scottemmert]
ConchCr Offline

Loc: San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Bel...
There is no requirement to hire anyone if you run your own business as long as you have a self employed work permit or permanent residency. Otherwise, yes, you would not be allowed to work and you'd have to hire someone to operate your business.
Belize Commercial Photography

#251167 - 25 July 16 9:19 am - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent for 6 months to explore belize [Re: scottemmert]
babeNbelize Offline

Loc: Belize
Hi, how did it go? I'm basically doing now what you were doing then. I'm exploring towns on the mainland. I'm in an RV so I'm looking for short term hookups in many coastal places. A week here, a month there etc. Do you have any suggestions? Church's or hotels that would rent me electric & water while parking there? I want to get a feel of the community while i investigate property & building opportunities.

#251170 - 26 July 16 5:48 am - America/Chicago Re: Looking to rent for 6 months to explore belize [Re: scottemmert]
Ken_Wilford Offline

Loc: Millville, NJ USA
I guess it depends on how large your RV is. I have seen class C RVs parked at Mariposa B&B in Placencia area and they told me they will allow this for a small fee. They have electrical hook up and showers and bathrooms you can use. A large RV is going to have a difficult time in Belize because of the speed humps and narrow roads. I would stick to a Van based one if you can (I see mostly Sprinter based RVs in Belize).
John 3:16
http://www.vanagain.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts