Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#232251 - 04 June 13 3:38 am - America/Chicago Corozal Immigration Office - any news?
DoubleDutch Offline

Loc: Consejo Shores
Hi there! Has anybody lately been to Corozal immigration office to get your extension stamp? Are those officials still making it a nightmare for everyone or have they been replaced by now? (which I sincerely hope!)

Edited by DoubleDutch (04 June 13 3:39 am - America/Chicago)

#232399 - 07 June 13 3:42 pm - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
yosemitesam Offline

Loc: CA, USA
They are still there. My passport was due on the 7th. Went in early (3rd) due to eye surgery on the 4th. Still demanding I produce an open ended ticket. I again stated for the umpteenth time that it was not in the Immigration policy. They both refused to stamp my passport. Called Mr. Reynolds and Mr Guy in Belmopan. Several hours later they called ans assured me there would be no further problems and go and get my passport stamped. I walked in and they handed me a form I had to fill out, along with a photo. This was about 3:00 PM. I called Mr. Guy and told him of the situation. We no longer us that form. He called the office while I was there. They talked for about 5 min. At 3:15 they still hadn't given me the extension form. I asked Mr. Pots if he could give me the form as the Treasury Dept. closes at 3:30. In the meantime, several other people came in and they brushed me aside to handle them. Finally at 3:27 they gave me the form. I made it to Treasury @ 3:31. Closed, but the nice people in the anext office processed my form.
I could write a book about Mr. Pots and the Corozal Office while he has been there. Maybe this incident will cause a change, I don't know. It will be interesting to hear from anyone who has been in the Corozal office after the 3rd.

#232410 - 07 June 13 9:21 pm - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
Wizardofaahs Offline

Loc: San Pedro..Las Vegas, NV
Y-Sam, be sure to fill in the officials in Belmopan about the times and behaviors after their call, if you haven't already. Everyone else, keep the pressure on this guy. I'm sure other Belizeans without a chip on thdir shoulder would love to have a cushy government job.

#232412 - 07 June 13 9:23 pm - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
Wizardofaahs Offline

Loc: San Pedro..Las Vegas, NV
Also, everyone, take Mr. Guy's and Mr. Reynolds' numbers with you when you go to renew your visa. Is there an identifying form number for the correct form?

#232414 - 08 June 13 5:33 am - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
alanwk Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Great idea. What are their numbers?

#232422 - 08 June 13 6:21 pm - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: alanwk]
yosemitesam Offline

The direct ph. no. is 822-3860. If you call Belize phone assistance, you will get two numbers for the Immigration Office.
after 6 months of calling, no one ever answer's the phone. According to Mr. Guy, the above number is the only one for direct access to Ms. Marin, Immigration Director.
Note: you may get a fax number tone when dialing this number. Keep trying. They use this number for voice and fax..........
When you get a live person, ask for Mr. Guy or Mr. Reynolds.
Another side note: I've been told that Mr. Pots has been removed from the Corozal Office effective last Thursday. Will visit the office on Monday to confirm

#232446 - 10 June 13 8:43 am - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
yosemitesam Offline

Mr. Pots is no longer at the Corozal Office. He has been transferred to the Northern border.

#232466 - 11 June 13 3:02 am - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
DoubleDutch Offline

Loc: Consejo Shores
I think it would be a good idea to publish on that story on Que pasa Corozal.

#232480 - 12 June 13 8:02 am - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
JohnP Offline

Loc: Michigan / Sittee River
Oh great what he going to do to us that cros there once a year? Hopefully he has learned a lesson.

#232491 - 12 June 13 3:40 pm - America/Chicago Re: Corozal Immigration Office - any news? [Re: DoubleDutch]
EastCoastDave Offline

Loc: East Coast
Maybe he's just been transferred(or promoted ?) to the "Counter Tourism Squad" at the border .
Who better to be on post at the border - there he can tag team with Customs and greet travellers with distrust and distain and help guard Belizean sovereignty and protect it from backpackers ,budget tourists,aging boomers ,senior citizens and/or well to do expats?

LOL ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Need A Large Motor Yacht for Commercial Shoot!!
by April05
0 seconds ago
Happy Easter
by April05
29 minutes 24 seconds ago
OPEN season on expats
by ckocian
Today at 08:39 PM
anyone near milton fla ??
by Tarpoon
Today at 07:50 PM
Canada's travel warning about Belize !