Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#220308 - 02 September 12 7:50 am - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: LanSluder]
Breezy Offline

Loc: Ladyville
The rooms would fill in an instant if rented monthly. Black Orchid does a great business especially with local conferences, i am not talking about tourists for El Chiclero but room and board for locals.

#221490 - 04 October 12 5:20 am - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: LanSluder]
LanSluder Offline

Loc: USA/Belize
An update on the online auction of El Chiclero Inn in Burrell Boom, which ended Sep. 28:

A representative of the auction company in the U.S., Williams & Williams, emailed me that El Chiclero did sell, "but we do not know for how much at this time." It's unclear why the price is unknown.

The auction started at US$100,000. Before the auction the property had been for sale for several years, most recently after price reductions for US$1 million.

--Lan Sluder

#221518 - 04 October 12 7:59 pm - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: LanSluder]
D InTheShade Offline

Loc: Calgary, Mile 5 Southern Hwy
I stayed at the Chiclero a couple times, a staging point for flights out of BZ. Karl and Mary were the coolest old folks I've met in Belize. They were both around 80 years old. Offered us the regular dining room table or we could sit at what they called the "BS" table. We sat at the BS table and thourougly enjoyed the who's who / history and Belizean math lesson received. Yes they did talk our ears off but it was all very, if not entertaining, for sure informative. After all they had been in Belize for near 30 years.

I loved their home style cooking every meal was awesome.

I went back for lunch last November after dropping a buddy at the airport.
They told me about the robbery. For some reason the next door neighbor's dog was not there and the culprit climbed up the downspout pipe on that side and over the hand rail at just about the time they were locking up. Mary was badly bruised on the side of her jaw and temple, still after several months.
They told me their kids in the states having power of attorney, were giving them the hook. I had a lot of respect for those old folks and it made me sad to see them kinda beat.

Did the Black Orchid as a staging point before meeting up with the Chiclero, Karl and Mary. Twice the money for food and accomodation it was OK but a little boring in comparison.

Can hear Karl now," You wana know why........ Well, i'm going to tell you why" and "Mary, didn't I fix that kid's teeth up in Crooked tree".

I will miss them and their meals!

#221742 - 09 October 12 3:53 pm - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: LanSluder]
LanSluder Offline

Loc: USA/Belize
I'm told that the owners of El Chiclero did NOT accept the high bid on the on-line auction, which was below the reserve price. So the property is back on the market at a reduced price, but I'm not sure what that price is.

#221743 - 09 October 12 4:55 pm - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: LanSluder]
Dave Bunk Online   content

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Like so many properties n Belize asking price has no grounds in reality. Property is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

#221747 - 09 October 12 8:59 pm - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: Dave Bunk]
TammyB Offline

I kept up with the online auction. No bids were received until the end of the final day. Ending with only one bid placed, the hotel was auctioned for $100,000.

#221754 - 10 October 12 6:38 am - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: TammyB]
Breezy Offline

Loc: Ladyville
@TammyB so it sold for $100,000?

#221758 - 10 October 12 10:01 am - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: LanSluder]
Dave Bunk Online   content

Loc: Mine Hill NJ
Read Lan post that was the winning bid but owners had a reserve and so was not sold

#221759 - 10 October 12 10:11 am - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: Dave Bunk]
thecol Offline

You would be amazed how many people do not understand THAT FACT

#221770 - 10 October 12 12:08 pm - America/Chicago Re: Auction for El Chiclero Inn in Boom Starts at US$100K [Re: Dave Bunk]
MaryL Offline

We are selling property not necessarily high income producing business, will only produce what a person is willing to invest in time, energy and ingenuity. Perhaps it will make a beautiful adult care center after an elevator is installed.Have prospects along this line. Everyone's business has decreased due to bad economy.Sorry Dave, was just trying to offer my Tenn.Southern Hospitality during your dinner. And no our place is not run-down...Thoughtless remarks.... Thanks to our many Bzn. friends who came after robbery, with heartfelt sympathy,hugs and tears.Have had 35 wonderful, successful yrs. here and that is what counts. Mary Faulkner, El Chiclero Inn

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Swimming Pool supplies
by KatieValk