Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209797 - 22 January 12 5:03 pm - America/Chicago Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions?
hopefulist Online   content

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
Hi, all -
I'm looking for personal recommendations for snorkeling day trips from Caye Caulker.

I think I'll be returning to Caulker this summer with friends who have never visited Belize before. Last visit I went on the Raggamuffin Hol Chan/etc. day trip and enjoyed it but - for the sake of variety - I'm looking for a different tour this time. I've read some reviews of Carlos and a sometimes-hard-to-connect-with Juni on another site, but nothing recent here. I've searched and searched here and read through the subject lines of the most recent 20+ pages in this section without much luck, so I decided to post. Thanks in advance!

#209798 - 22 January 12 5:11 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]
John_Janis Offline

Juni is easy to find once you are on the island. Another adventure is Chocolates manatee trip.

Ragamuffin tho is a great trip.

#209801 - 22 January 12 6:08 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: John_Janis]
beauniss Offline

Find "Big Steve" of Blackhawk Tours. My girlfriend and I were just there last month and he and his first mate, Brenton, are thumbs up! It looked as though the other boats were kinda small and over crowded. Steve has a nice sailboat which adds to the adventure. Shortly after leaving the dock he shuts down the motor and casts the sails for a nice peaceful cruise to da reef. And he's not bashful with the rum punch on the way back!

#209808 - 22 January 12 7:55 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]
NoelleG Offline

We really enjoy Ash at French Angel tours.

If you have a whole day to spare, go to Sparrow Caye (to see manatees) and then Goff's Caye for lunch, lounging and snorkeling from the beach. It's a longer boat ride than most of the other snorkeling trips, but worth it, very special.

#209809 - 22 January 12 8:12 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]

Great tips - thanks!

#211909 - 28 February 12 7:32 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]
Jon&Cheryl Offline

Loc: Austin, TX, USA
In case you're still looking - Carlos Arce (Hicaco Tours) has always been a great guide. We've known him for 10 years and have gone out snorkeling with him at least 6-8 times.

#211922 - 29 February 12 6:24 am - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]

Thanks! The friends I was planning to be traveling with during that part of my trip won't be able to make it so I'm planning to spend the extra days around Punta Gorda instead of on Caulker. I'll keep the suggestions in mind for a future trip.

#211955 - 29 February 12 1:58 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]
terdalfarm Offline

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Will we get a travelogue?

#211964 - 29 February 12 3:44 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]
bambie Offline

Loc: Corozal Belize
the best place to dive & snorkle on Caye Caulker is Frenchies- they are not far from the split.

#211970 - 29 February 12 4:46 pm - America/Chicago Re: Snorkeling tour providers on Caulker - opinions? [Re: hopefulist]

You bet, Erik! If you've missed any of mine, they're linked on the main page of the corresponding photo collection below. Since 2007 there's a blog for each trip, too.

bambie - I dove with Frenchies when we were on Caulker in 2009 but we were pretty much delighted with our snorkeling day with Raggamuffin. Can you describe the sort of snorkel trip Frenchies offers? I can't find anything about that on their website and just tagging along on the dive boat isn't the sort of trip I was looking for for my friends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Who needs a laugh?
by GZboat