Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207628 - 21 December 11 9:36 am - America/Chicago How to update map in GARMIN GPS
japbz Offline

Loc: Belize
Hey everyone, I am new to use GPS, anyone could tell me how to renew Belize map on my GPS, My GPS model is GARMIN nuvi2360LMT, I would like to copy whole Belize map to my GPS,it that possible? How do I do? do I need download any software to achieve it? Thank you!

#207630 - 21 December 11 10:31 am - America/Chicago Re: How to update map in GARMIN GPS [Re: japbz]
ckocian Offline

Loc: San Antonio TX USA and Seine B...
If you go to www.garmin.com and click on the "Maps" link, it will give the coverage areas of updated GPS maps from which you can select. I didn't see one for Central America and I don't know of another source.

#207634 - 21 December 11 12:03 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to update map in GARMIN GPS [Re: japbz]
Chiefsipes Offline

Loc: Mansfield, AR USA
You will have to download their "myGarminAgent" program from their website. After you do this you will need the USB cable that comes with some Garmin models to plug your unit into your computer. About once a year when you go online, just plug your Garmin into a USB port on your computer and it will run a diagnostic on your GPS unit and tell you if there are any updated maps available. Those will cost you, though. About US$50 for a one year update, and about US$90 for liftime updates. Map updates are only good for the particular unit you currently have so if/when you buy another GPS unit you will need to purchase more updates even if you still have time left from your last purchase. You can get software updates free anytime using the same process. I would do that every couple of months to keep the software current. As stated, I don't think Garmin has maps for Belize. Hope this helps.

#207642 - 21 December 11 6:25 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to update map in GARMIN GPS [Re: japbz]
japbz Offline

Loc: Belize
I already tried online update, but Garmin only provide Canada, US, and Mexico! Belize map only shows you 3 major roads, that's all nothing else, so I would like to know if any one know how to customize personal map, I would like to copy google earth to my Garmin, but I don't know how to do it.

#207644 - 21 December 11 6:45 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to update map in GARMIN GPS [Re: japbz]
Chiefsipes Offline

Loc: Mansfield, AR USA
I checked, Garmin does not provide maps for Central America. Only North America (which of course includes Canada and Mexico), some parts of South America, and quite a few for Europe. Copying any maps from another source to a Garmin GPS unit might be possible, but that is above my paygrade. I suggest doing a Google search to check for "Copying Maps To A Garmin". Google Earth is a HUGE file. Actually, it is a program. I doubt you could get very much of it into a Garmin unit even if it were possible to do so.

#207646 - 21 December 11 7:41 pm - America/Chicago Re: How to update map in GARMIN GPS [Re: japbz]
hopefulist Offline

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
I don't know if this will help but may be of interest:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2139594

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes