Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207128 - 13 December 11 5:36 pm - America/Chicago New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal
bonbon Offline

Loc: Corozal Belize
I know what everyone is thinking what's new with a Chinese Restaurant opening in Corozal.
Well this one has opened across the Street from Jam Rock and right next door to Primo's bar.
We went there tonight and I have to say it was really nice.
The Building is nice and open, Plenty of seating, The bathrooms were nice and clean.
The Beer was really Cold. and although we only had burgers they were really good. They laughed when I took a bite of my fish burger and said "Oh my God this taste like fish". The Chinese Couple are really nice and although we knew them from when they owned a store up by us we did not know they had open this Place. We were sorry when they closed there store since it was always really clean. We were told they had gone to the States, which of course was not true.
So if you want a good fish or Chicken burger at a great price and cold beer which was pretty cheap also. Try this Place. We sat at the Bar which had about everykind of Alcohol behind the bar that I have seen around this part of the country.
I cannot even tell you the name of this Place it was something Bistro. They showed us there menu which had lots of Chinese food and we were told it was very good. And if your there in the evening they have a great light show going on. We even met one ex-pact couple who kept getting up to dance.
I think this young couple will make it okay without me telling about there Place, I was just really impressed with them. Not to often do you get such a freindly Couple who want to come and visit with you. So if your in town stop in and try them out. They say there open everyday at 11:00 a.m. and close late....Enjoy!

#207129 - 13 December 11 5:50 pm - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
LanSluder Offline

Loc: USA/Belize
bonbon, it's nice of you to provide local information like this. Thanks.

#207132 - 13 December 11 5:57 pm - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
zappy Offline

Loc: Saskamatoon, Canuckistan
That's great to hear! I just have to remember to look both ways when crossing the street from Jam Rock... grin

Sam Levenson - Author

#207139 - 13 December 11 9:38 pm - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
CTscuba Offline

It's called "The Wood House Bistrot" and it's not just a burger and fried chicken joint. The food is very well prepared and presented and represents a variety of Chinese cuisines. Edmund (Chef) and Mae (Front) are there 11 AM to Midnight, 7 days a week to give new meaning to "Chinese Restaurant". Try the Singapore Noodles - an excellent and surprising glass noodle dish. Or the Malagasay Chicken - green peppercorns and creamy garlic sauce. Spicy wontons and eggrolls with chopped chicken...Everything made from scratch. How they get the eggroll wrappers so thin amazes me. I'm working my way through the whole menu. 5 Stars.

#207144 - 14 December 11 4:36 am - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
bonbon Offline

Thanks CT, I know we will be going back, I called quite a few friends last night to tell them to stop in there. I know Edmund was telling us that his Chinese food, was cooked quite different from other Places in Town. For me it just nice to be in a open space that was clean, And friendly Owners.

#207150 - 14 December 11 9:00 am - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
ginandtonic Offline

Loc: Sudbury, Ontario, Canuckistan
I received an email from my last friend in CZL. She went there and ordered the Chicken Suprise. When she got her meal she took the lid off, screamed and replaced it. Apparently there were 2 beedy eyes looking back at her. She called the owner who apologized for the error in that he though she ordered...wait for it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peeking Duck.

“The idea that a pessimistic philosophy is necessarily one of discouragement is a puerile idea, but one that needs too long a refutation.”
Albert Camus

#207153 - 14 December 11 10:40 am - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
ckocian Online   content

Loc: San Antonio TX USA and Seine B...
Har de har! cool

#207194 - 15 December 11 5:35 am - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
horsefl Offline

Loc: Corozal
checked it out last night. Great menu choices , food was very good, fresh fresh fresh. We ordered a shrimp and veg plate and a chicken fried rice dish and the owner went to the market for fresh veggies. the chicken was recognizable as the real thing - what a novelty.

We too knew the owners from the previous store and we are glad to see them back in business. The place was jumping while we were there, more than a dozen people, a good sign for longevity. Good food, good service, good prices, fresh and clean, plus views of the bay - a winning combination for success.

Edited by horsefl (15 December 11 5:35 am - America/Chicago)
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals... I hold that the more helpless the creature... the more entitled to protection.... from the cruelty of humankind.
Mahatma Ghandi

#207419 - 18 December 11 7:06 pm - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
bonbon Offline

We went back to eat there tonight, One word of warning. If something on the menu says "HOT" They do mean Hot to taste I had a Chicken & garlic dish, That was Hot but the best I have ever had in Belize. There is not much you can say about Plain Rice, But they give you a nice portion and it tasted fresh Not like it might have sat in the Pot most of the day.

#207433 - 19 December 11 6:29 am - America/Chicago Re: New Chinese Restaurant in Corozal [Re: bonbon]
horsefl Offline

Loc: Corozal
we went back as well for lunch had friend chicken -tasty and fresh BUT too hot for me, will stick to UN-hot dishes like friend rice and typical chinese dishes.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals... I hold that the more helpless the creature... the more entitled to protection.... from the cruelty of humankind.
Mahatma Ghandi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Logistics of dive gear on the mainland