Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205908 - 23 November 11 11:38 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
ConchCr Online   content

Loc: San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Bel...
Terrie,

Again, it depends on the school and the area. Some of the private schools are very well equipped. That's the same with behaviour - it very much depends on the individual school, the principal and the quality of teachers as well as community involvement. I know some wonderful schools and some not so wonderful.
Belize Commercial Photography

#205911 - 23 November 11 11:53 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
terriegym Offline

Loc: Somerset, UK
thanks for the info. do you know any wonderful schools with gym mats!! lol.x

#205983 - 24 November 11 9:32 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
ConchCr Online   content

Loc: San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Bel...
Nope terriegym. I don't know of any in San Pedro that have gym mats. We have plenty of sand though!
Belize Commercial Photography

#205988 - 24 November 11 11:07 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
terriegym Offline

Loc: Somerset, UK
lol, i have been thinking about that, some things would be ok to do on grass or sand (landing etc) but some moves wouldnt be possible for the risk of sand getting in the kids eyes. I know some of my gymnasts go to the beach (if it is ever warm enough!! and do gym on the sand)or the local parks.

how do you put pictures on here?

#206490 - 01 December 11 3:36 pm - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
kayleon Offline

November 30, 2011

QSI International School of Belize Opens

The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the grand opening of QSI International School of Belize. The ceremony takes place on Friday, December 2, at 10:00 a.m. at the school in Camalote Village (Mile 49 , Western Highway).

QSI International School of Belize is a private, non-profit educational organization that operates 37 schools in 25 different countries.

The QSI schools were originally founded to provide a quality education in the English language for expatriates living in the international community; however, local children are also welcome.

In addition to its scholastic goals, the QSI International School of Belize endeavors to provide its students with knowledge of Belizean geography, history, customs and traditions.

You can find information on QSI at http://www.qsi.org/.

For more information and directions to the school, please contact Mrs. Valerie Nathanson, Director of QSI Belize, at e-mail: valerie-nathanson@qsi.org

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

#206507 - 02 December 11 4:46 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
catdance62 Offline

Loc: Texarkana USA
Some of my childhood friends went to a QSI international school in Malaysia and apparently it was a very good school

#206509 - 02 December 11 5:44 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
kayleon Offline

it seems as if this school is being set up for the embassy staffer's kids, maybe?

I've read that Belizean children upon moving to the US do very well in the US's schools, with scores and grades... so it's possibly not an educational-quality thing...

wonder if it's a religious issue?

Dancer, does the QSI school teach any religion?

#206510 - 02 December 11 5:48 am - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
kayleon Offline

QSI International School of Belize, a non-profit institution that opens in August 2011 offering high quality education in English for students from five (5) years of age through middle school - thirteen (13) years of age.

This is a new school located in Belmopan, Belize. The school will move into a facility containing classrooms, a library, computer lab, and outdoor play area. This facility will be located conveniently for international families. Parents are responsible for the transportation of their children to and from school.

http://www.qsi.org/bze_home/bze_home.htm

#206529 - 02 December 11 1:58 pm - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
catdance62 Offline

Loc: Texarkana USA
I don't think religion was even brought up at the school--too many different kids from different backgrounds

#209461 - 15 January 12 5:50 pm - America/Chicago Re: bringing up expat kids in belize [Re: terriegym]
cocohenry Offline

Hi Terriegym

We moved to Belize 1yr ago from the West Coast of Scotland. Our son at the age of 5 was excited at the prospect of going to a new school, my wife and I spent some time going to schools and finding out what was on offer and we eventually agreed on a school that we think meets the basic standards that hopefully will challenge our son in the years ahead. The kids at school are polite and as with most schools in Belize they must wear uniform and all students are expected to act appropriately whilst in uniform, an acceptable controlled level of discipline is applied and the kids show a resonable level of respect.

We do take an interest in all that the school has to offer and we try to participate and show our willingness as parents where needed, but we also curb our level of volunteer status as that can lead to you being overworked and taken advantage of.

We are happy with our sons progress and also how well he has settled, he did have difficulty understanding the dialect but they also had the same difficulty with our good Scottish brogue, he is now picking up a slight Creole tone which we insist he keeps for the playground and the life style change is a good education in itself.

So far its been an interesting challenge and well worth it if only to get away from the dreeche weather.

The happy Scots

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
FOR SALE: 26 foot aguasport/wellcraft