Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203360 - 13 October 11 8:25 am - America/Chicago Belize Charts
LarkCayeRes Offline

Loc: Canada

It has come up several times, so here is the best link I've found for online charts of Belize. They are "not current". However they still give a pretty good idea.

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/NGAViewer/Region_2_NGA_ViewerTable.shtml

check out charts
28162 , 28167, 28190

#203375 - 13 October 11 8:24 pm - America/Chicago Re: Belize Charts [Re: LarkCayeRes]
pdmlynek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia area, USA
From what I gather on that site, you can buy print-on-demand charts for almost the same price.

#203380 - 14 October 11 5:27 am - America/Chicago Re: Belize Charts [Re: LarkCayeRes]
LarkCayeRes Offline

Loc: Canada
You had me going there for a minute, but I don't think they sell to the public and free is still alot cheaper if you do not need official charts.

... "Although NOAA produces POD charts, NOAA does not sell POD charts directly to the public. Instead, POD charts are made available through NOAA's commercial partner OceanGrafix, who has retail agents located throughout the U.S. and overseas"

The electronic up to date charts for the USA are online and free. That is not the case for Belize, (or most other truly free market countries like Belize or Canada (dig dig) actually just jealous)

#203384 - 14 October 11 7:31 am - America/Chicago Re: Belize Charts [Re: LarkCayeRes]
Anton Offline

Loc: Succotz
US taxpayer funded NOAA produces charts and than the guy in the middle (OceanGrafix) sells them for profit? Pretty sleek racket.

#203388 - 14 October 11 8:34 am - America/Chicago Re: Belize Charts [Re: LarkCayeRes]
pdmlynek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia area, USA
Originally Posted By: LarkCayeRes
You had me going there for a minute, but I don't think they sell to the public and free is still alot cheaper if you do not need official charts.

... "Although NOAA produces POD charts, NOAA does not sell POD charts directly to the public. Instead, POD charts are made available through NOAA's commercial partner OceanGrafix, who has retail agents located throughout the U.S. and overseas"

The electronic up to date charts for the USA are online and free. That is not the case for Belize, (or most other truly free market countries like Belize or Canada (dig dig) actually just jealous)

Yes, I see what you are saying. You are correct on the electronic version of the charts. I was comparing the prices of the traditional paper charts with print on demand charts... which had nothing to do with what you posted. My bad. frown

Moderator:  nplwebmaster 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
US Elections
by KatieValk
12:37 PM
The Placencia Hotel under scrutiny
by bubblebreaker
10:46 AM
Canyon Acquisition et al ---
by bubblebreaker
08:05 AM
Commercial Papaya cultivation
by KatieValk
08:54 AM
Beachfront Wanted for Potential Resort
by thecol
08:27 AM
Belize Added to US Drug Blacklist / Belize's High Murder Rates
by bubblebreaker
20 October 14 11:01 am - America/Chicago
BREAKING: Carnival Cruise Passengers Flagged For Ebola
by bubblebreaker
20 October 14 10:08 am - America/Chicago
BAGA
by April05
19 October 14 11:40 am - America/Chicago
A critical look at expats in belize
by thecol
19 October 14 10:50 am - America/Chicago
has anyone here actually gone to belize to retire....
by thecol
19 October 14 10:45 am - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com