Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190397 - 29 December 10 9:59 am - America/Chicago Upholstery/Fabric Store?
Tofshonts Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada/Corozal Beliz...
I am looking for a place, preferably in northern Belize that sells upholstery fabric. Any suggestions?

#190398 - 29 December 10 10:03 am - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: Tofshonts]
bonbon Offline

Loc: Corozal Belize
You can go to where they make furniture and some will let you order from them. Other than that its Chetumal or Belize City. I am talking about the furniture makers in Corozal. I think they get there fabric from Mexico.

#190402 - 29 December 10 10:23 am - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: Tofshonts]
BlmopnGringo Offline

Loc: NJ & Belmopan
There is a very decent fabric store called Mikado's, which is directly across the street from Brody's in BC.

#190416 - 29 December 10 5:06 pm - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: BlmopnGringo]
jammin Offline

Loc: corozal town, belize
My choice would be to go to Chetumal. Parisina Fabric Store on the corner of Avenida Heroes and Obregon. ModaTela Fabric Store, about 1/2 block from Parisina on Heroes as you head toward the water. Or there is a upholstery fabric store on Avenida Juarez....from Avenida Obregon, turn left as you are headed into downtown onto Juarez....go to the top of the hill....there's a stop light...go 1 more block and turn left...it's on the right side of the street...can't remember the name of it.

#190419 - 29 December 10 6:09 pm - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: jammin]
bonbon Offline

Loc: Corozal Belize
I have bought fabric at Moda Tela Fabric but be very careful they pull it off the bolt right on the floor so quick you hardly get a chance to check it out. I had to return ten yards last year because of a grease mark every ten inches. They did take it back since I returned it the next day. Mikado's in Belize city I have had good luck in but its limited on style. And it is across but down the street from Brodies. Only about a block. I have also bought bedding and curtains there. Want to thank Jammin for the information on the shop off of Juarez. I will look this one up on my next trip over.

#190424 - 29 December 10 6:54 pm - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: bonbon]
Miss Kenni Offline

Loc: Jupiter, FL & Sta. Elena, Cayo
Mikado's had a wide selection when I shopped there for curtain and cushion fabric. It also carries "notions," including Velcro (something I haven't seen elsewhere). And some ready-made stuff, as bonbon mentioned.

#190425 - 29 December 10 7:05 pm - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: Tofshonts]
zappy Offline

Loc: Saskamatoon, Canuckistan
Go see the folks at ...

AVENTURA FURNITURE. 79 First Avenue. Corozal Town, Belize. Tel: 501-422-0580. Cell: 501-610-2102

Sam Levenson - Author

#190440 - 30 December 10 8:17 am - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: zappy]
Tofshonts Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada/Corozal Beliz...
Thank you everyone for all the good suggestions.
I did try Aventura Furniture, but they do not sell the fabric.
I think I may go to Chetumal for a day to investigate the options there.

#190446 - 30 December 10 9:09 am - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: Tofshonts]
Nappy Offline

Loc: Corozal
Tofshonts,

We've recently discovered RX Upholstery. The gentleman's name is Jose Kelly. Phone number 623 7428.

He's located beside the new Mai's Supermarket Store on Santa Elena Road. That's the road heading to Chetumal.

Cheers,
Nappy

#199567 - 16 July 11 6:38 pm - America/Chicago Re: Upholstery/Fabric Store? [Re: Tofshonts]
artisan Offline

Loc: Caye Caulker, Belize
Anyone know of a good upholsterer in Belize city?
Businesses come and go fast in this economy, is this Mikado's still there?
Need to do 50 chairs, can do it myself if someone in the business sells me the materials and walks me briefly through it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Rosewood Trees
by wingnut1970
12:26 AM
Canyon Acquisition et al ---
by thecol
08:59 AM
2014 Belize Murder Rate to End of July
by dirtbanker
06:11 AM
2 acre waterfront estate for sale
by thecol
01:15 AM
New Recipe Mayv=be?
by thecol
01:01 AM
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
by thecol
19 August 14 11:42 am - America/Chicago
Cave-tubing.com Employees - Channel 5 News - Warning
by Belize Baby Boomer
18 August 14 4:03 pm - America/Chicago
Lou Gehrig’s disease.
by April05
17 August 14 6:36 pm - America/Chicago
House available - stay near Belmopan for free!
by Phil_B
16 August 14 8:59 pm - America/Chicago
BAGA
by April05
16 August 14 4:17 pm - America/Chicago
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com