Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164330 - 03 October 09 8:50 am - America/Chicago Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul
LanSluder Offline

Loc: USA/Belize
The shocking, tragic murder of Lurline Young of Caye Caulker has to make you wonder what is happening to poor Belize.

--Lan Sluder

#164334 - 03 October 09 10:37 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: LanSluder]
hopefulist Offline

Loc: The Dalles, OR USA
So sad. ¿Qué pasó?

#164341 - 03 October 09 2:14 pm - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: hopefulist]
2012_Level_9 Offline

Loc: Some Place in Belize
Wow ... depressing ... alarming. This woman did not appear to have any profile that would encourage you to think "drug wars".

#164351 - 03 October 09 6:32 pm - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: 2012_Level_9]
Cavegirl Offline

Loc: Arizona
So sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to the family. For the new comers to Belize, don't let things like this scare you away from Belize. Open a newspaper from one major US City and compare the number of crimes in one day. I had a friend that was afraid to visit Belize with me. I took our local paper and counted the number of murders, rapes and robberies from the night before. She turned white. She also made the trip to Belize and has been back many times. You still have a "Great" country and wonderful people. There is always a bad apple in every box.

#164360 - 04 October 09 6:22 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: LanSluder]
Pursuit.of.Happyness Offline

Loc: Belize
Quote:
The shocking, tragic murder of Lurline Young of Caye Caulker has to make you wonder what is happening to poor Belize.

So tell us....what do YOU think is happening to "poor Belize"?

#164364 - 04 October 09 7:45 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: Pursuit.of.Happyness]
BZGringo Offline

Loc: Consejo, BZ
I think was what Lan is referring to is the every increasing perception of Belize as unsafe. A murder like this on a peaceful, land locked tourist destination, coupled with the Economist magazine now designationg Belize as having the highest murder rate in the world, aren't good when you are trying to build tourism in a down economy. Especially in a country that depends on tourism so....

He probably meant something along those lines....

#164367 - 04 October 09 7:53 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: BZGringo]
Barnacle Online   confused

Loc: Maya Beach,
and,, belize was rated 111 on the corruption scale.
a 2.9,, 10 is the best, 0 being the worst.

#164368 - 04 October 09 7:53 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: BZGringo]
Betty Offline

I would venture a guess that those who committed this crime (as most) do not reside on the island, but travel from Belize City on the ferry. When will there be more controls in place to monitor or at least register these people?

#164377 - 04 October 09 9:56 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: Betty]
BZGringo Offline

Loc: Consejo, BZ
That is not a practical solution. It probably was someone on the island anyway, or who spends a lot of time on Caulker, who knew her, her mode of operandi, etc.

There is a small cadre of drifters who spend time on Caulker, Ambergis, etc, that, cracked up enough, are capable of this, no question.

I would think the perp on this is one in a small group of suspects. Don't be suprised that this will be solved.

#164381 - 04 October 09 10:28 am - America/Chicago Re: Caye Caulker Murder Most Foul [Re: BZGringo]
bonbon Offline

Loc: Corozal Belize
I think People in every town want a good Police force. On the news People of Caye Caulker feel they do not have this. I would not be surprised if they don't get some new Policemen after this. It is sad that it takes a Murder for this to happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Canada's travel warning about Belize !
by belizebrad
29 minutes 30 seconds ago
OPEN season on expats
by Una Companera
Today at 10:04 AM
anyone near milton fla ??
by mikeinco
Today at 09:57 AM
House Hunters International -- Belize
by MisterB
Today at 09:33 AM
The lesson here is
by EastCoastDave
Today at 08:22 AM
Belize Added to US Drug Blacklist / Belize's High Murder Rates
by Peggyrose
Today at 07:49 AM
looking for investors in fractional ownership in san pedro
by bubblebreaker
Today at 04:24 AM
Happy Easter
by dirtbanker
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Need A Large Motor Yacht for Commercial Shoot!!
by thecol
Yesterday at 06:30 PM
Still Ex Post Facto
by ckocian
Yesterday at 09:58 AM
BOOKS on BELIZE

BookBelize.com | Belizespecials.com | Belize.net | Belizenet.com