Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158888 - 24 June 09 2:07 pm - America/Chicago FREE Belize Online Classified Ads
CCampbell Offline

Loc: US/BZ/UK
Continuing with our aim to provide the tools to help owners advertise the items they want to sell, we have just added a FREE Online Classified Ad section to our website that we hope will be a useful service to all concerned.

Just email us a short description and a photo of the item if you have one, and we will advertise it online for FREE!

FREE Belize Online Classified Ads

Chris

#158892 - 24 June 09 2:23 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: CCampbell]
GringoX Offline

Also see San Pedro Daily FREE Classifieds
http://www.sanpedrodaily.com/classifieds.html

#158900 - 24 June 09 5:29 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: GringoX]
sassyone Offline

Loc: Riverbend,BZ.....WA.
I would advise all to stay away from the Belize Real Estate site,I made the mistake of posting my three acreage that I'm selling in Roaring Creek on their site,well,each day I am being inundated with "Forwarded jokes",sometimes up to five each day.I have sent them email requesting that thay stop,but to no avail,so now everything from them just goes directly to my Spam box.I sent this email on 4/7/09..There appears to be more than one Belize Real Estate sites,so,just be aware...
See copy of email below.Be careful everyone...

Kindly remove me from your inundation of daily jokes.Thank you.

Give..Love..Laugh..Cry..Enjoy..Live each day as if it was your last......The Sassyone.

--- On Tue, 4/7/09, Belizerealestate <bzreal@btl.net> wrote:

Edited by barnacle (24 June 09 6:19 pm - America/Chicago)
Edit Reason: removed email adresses

#158902 - 24 June 09 6:01 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: sassyone]
Scott_Friend Offline

Loc: Ranchito Village, Czl, BZ
That is bad - your email address, and several others are in plain view for any bots to read. Probably not a good idea to have posted all those email addresses of unsuspecting people either.

But, thanks for the spam warning.

Too bad there isn't a craigslist for Belize. There is carribean and yucatan/mexico where I have seen some Belize things. Though Craigslist has its issues, it is pretty good about a user community flagging inappropriate postings and uses anonymous email addresses for respondents.

I have submitted a suggestion to Craigslist - I would recommend that others do the same. Atleast the computerized ex-pat community could benefit if they had a Belize section. The page for emailing is: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/emailForm.cgi

#158907 - 24 June 09 7:39 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: Scott_Friend]
dfrost Offline

Loc: Iowa,,,, Placencia
Sassy, sorry to hear of your problems.

As you said “There appears to be more than one Belize Real Estate sites”
and the opening post by BelizeRealEstatePropertyForSale (BREPFS) was not the one you where had your property listed.

BREPFS is a FSBO site.... and extremely well designed, with the foresight to not give out your personal email addy as a contact for the seller. It's set up so when someone writes to you asking about your property it's somehow forwarded to you.

I just clicked on the above 'for sale link' given above by BREPFS and see that they are providing that same service for those having items offered for sale. (ie. the cement mixer contact email is “daMixerMan”...that will link and forward to the person having it for sale.)

If you were to go to BREPFS home page you would see immediately this is not the site you had your property listed on... it would be nice if you confirmed this. cool

I'm very pleased with the reasonably priced, well presented ad they have prepared for my property.
Diane

#158908 - 24 June 09 7:52 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: dfrost]
CCampbell Offline

Sassyone,

I wish you had taken as much time to research the businesses you are slandering as you took to compose your post.

I can assure you, we have NEVER had a listing from you or from any of those email addresses you posted.

Belize Real Estate is a very common string used in, surprise surprise, Belize Real Estate. We are but one of a number of websites that use it.

Our website is called Belize Real Estate Property For Sale and is not in any way related to the company you dealt with.

Your confusion may be understandable but your irresponsibility in assuming we are all one and the same without checking first and then wrongly slandering us publicly is not.

I challenge you to produce any proof whatsoever that commercially links Belize Real Estate Property For Sale with the company you complain about, if you cannot, as will be the case, I hope you are honorable enough to remove your original post and replace it with a public apology.

Chris Campbell

#158909 - 24 June 09 8:24 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: CCampbell]
Scott_Friend Offline

Loc: Ranchito Village, Czl, BZ
Point being made is that the phrase "Belize Real Estate" can be used in many ways with many websites.

This forum prohibits the posting of commercial advertisements, and I think that the original posting was intended to be a free service to the forum readers. Likewise, the thread title is "Free Belize Online Classified Ads" therefore any messages related to FREE Belize Online Classified Ads are fair game.

Sassy was not trying to slander "Belize Real Estate Property For Sale" but rather point out to be cautious with some sites. I do not think there was any intended relationship.

Additionally, having experience in computer system security I would say that any website that posts email addresses is poorly designed. There are better mechanisms to transfer email addresses without allowing bots to harvest email addresses. Having said that, it is my opinion that "Belize Real Estate Property For Sale" is attempting to offer a needed service, however the mechanism could be improved.

#158912 - 24 June 09 8:47 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: Scott_Friend]
sassyone Offline

CCampbell,if you took the time to read my post you will note that I did say.....There appears to be more than one Belize Real Estate sites,so,just be aware...

Also note that I did not name your site,which is Belize Real Estate Property for Sale.

My intent was to make others aware of what happened to me when I posted on a Free Site by the name of Belize Real Estate....

Now,why don't you post an apology to Me!!!

#158914 - 24 June 09 9:07 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: sassyone]
sassyone Offline

Scott Friend and dfrost,I thank you both for your input,and in clarifying that which should have been obvious to the op.

Appreciate it.

#158916 - 24 June 09 9:56 pm - America/Chicago Re: FREE Belize Online Classified Ads [Re: sassyone]
CCampbell Offline

Sassyone,

Thank you for your reply. I guess some people don't like to admit when they have made a genuine mistake.

.....and thank goodness for that! This little controversy has caused quite a spike in hits from the forum to our website.

Many a marketer will tell you there is no such thing as bad publicity and I am glad that smart people like to check things out for themselves.

However, as a gesture of goodwill and for the increased exposure you have helped us achieve, I would like to offer you a FREE 3 month Ad on our website to advertise your property for sale.

With that, I am confident you will see for yourself the quality of our product over others that may coincidentally have the words Belize Real Estate in their title.

To everyone else I can assure you the original post in this thread is a genuine FREE offer.

On the email issue: For something like online advertising, it is very simple to create a throwaway email account just for the purpose of placing in the public domain. Emails can be forwarded from there to your personal account and the throwaway account discarded when you don't need it anymore, without ever compromising your personal email address.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Dangriga
by jstewartpa
29 minutes 33 seconds ago
Cahuita to Cayo
by terdalfarm
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
New Recipe Mayv=be?
by ConchCr
Yesterday at 06:43 AM
Seattle - Belize drive
by Jadee
22 July 14 12:23 pm - America/Chicago
We all can and do, make a positive difference.
by April05
21 July 14 8:27 pm - America/Chicago
Rose Colored Glasses
by ginandtonic
21 July 14 4:34 pm - America/Chicago
Who needs a laugh?
by thecol
21 July 14 7:23 am - America/Chicago
Murder in Consejo Shores!
by bubblebreaker
20 July 14 8:20 pm - America/Chicago
Isuzu Trooper & Dodge Durango For Sale in Corozal