Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158506 - 18 June 09 1:32 pm - America/Chicago Postal Mailing codes / zip codes
Doc_Tammy Offline

Loc: Behind the laptop in Phoenix, ...
This may sound like a weird questions but let me explain. Helen our travel coordiator has resident airline software that connect to over 100 airlines around the world. She is trying to setup a databank with my IT guy. In order to do that I have to have 5 postal codes for 5 cities. Ok I'm no programmer they just tell me what I need to get.

Can someone be kind enough to post a postal code (zip code) for these cities? I would be truly grateful.

San Pedro
Punta Gorda
Belize City
San Ignacio
Belmopan

These are the cities with enough population to show up on the aero software she uses. So I have to find those.
I'm an over 20 but less than dead female from just this side of sanity near insanity, located in the middle of delusion and delightful, sometimes bewteen here and there, and always between famous and infamous.

#158516 - 18 June 09 2:27 pm - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: Doc_Tammy]
Breezy Online   content

Loc: Ladyville
We don't use postal/zip codes here.

#158565 - 19 June 09 1:47 am - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: Breezy]
winjama Offline

Loc: Corozal Town, Belize
00000 - works for everything here

#158566 - 19 June 09 5:50 am - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: winjama]
BZGringo Offline

Loc: Consejo, BZ
Yea, you could setup 00000-SP, 00000-BP, etc in your database. And, you could setup 00000-BS as your personal code for your private airstrip.....

#158567 - 19 June 09 6:56 am - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: BZGringo]
Scott_Friend Offline

Loc: Ranchito Village, Czl, BZ
As said by everyone else, no postal/zip codes here. Many places do not have "physical addresses" in the sense of a street number and name.

I wonder if population or an active public airstrip would make the different. I don't believe there is an active public airstrip in Cayp (opps, I mean San Ignacio). Not sure about any airstrip in Belmopan either.

There are international airport codes for many of the public airstrips. Doubt that would be of assistance unless Tropic or Maya Island flys there. I also doubt that either Tropic or Maya Island are amongst the 100+ world wide airlines.

#158572 - 19 June 09 7:36 am - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: Scott_Friend]
Buttonwood Offline

Loc: Flowery Branch,GA/Hopkins Beli...
Any postal code in the world can be accessed from this site http://www.upu.int/
but Belize has NO postal codes not even a country code

Along with Belize,the states of confusion, delusion, and fantasy are also absent in the listings so I can see Doc does have a problem.

#161673 - 11 August 09 12:34 pm - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: Buttonwood]
tacogirl Offline

Loc: San Pedro Belize
When we first moved here and my cousin asked for my mailing address she had a hard time wrapping her head around it that we were general delivery and have no postal codes here. No numbers for address at the time - just go post and ask them to check box on wall for my last name.

Now things have changes slightly and we have a quicksilver mailbox so we have an actual unit number.

#161716 - 11 August 09 10:09 pm - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: tacogirl]
Reilly Offline

Loc: Carolinas, USA
The following link was interesting. It is promoting Natural Area Codes with unique zips starting with NAC. Not practical for BZ or BLZ now, but it may be useful in the future.

http://globalpostalcodesystem.info/Postal%20Code%20System%20of%20Belize.asp

What is the possibility of a volunteer group like our forum proposing a national postal code system to the GOB and having it used as a template for the government to work from?

#161722 - 12 August 09 5:10 am - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: Reilly]
winjama Offline

Loc: Corozal Town, Belize
How about leaving well enough alone? If a site requires a zip code just enter five zeros.
I like not having a postal code.

#161724 - 12 August 09 5:38 am - America/Chicago Re: Postal Mailing codes / zip codes [Re: winjama]
RoaringRocks Offline
roaringrocks

Loc: Near Belmopan / or Wales
Quote:
How about leaving well enough alone?

I'll drink to that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Barnacle, catdance62, nplwebmaster, Tony 
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage