Stann Creek
Ambergris Caye
Caye Caulker
Northern Belize
Belize District
Hol Chan
Laughingbird Caye

MORE SPONSORS

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Farm visit by bdietz @ Today at 07:17 PM

Thanks for the info The Dietz family I'm from is catholic Some did speak a bit of German but unfortunately I only speak canadian English I hope we can fly into the mainland for a day or 2 What area would I find sugar cane and corn in that is what I'
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Farm visit by GZboat @ Today at 10:08 AM

Brian, do you speak German or Spanish? The reason I'm asking is because quite a few folks in Little Belize (the majority of the older folks, I suspect) don't speak English, but they do speak those two languages. In Little Belize, I'd go to the main h
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Farm visit by KatieValk @ Today at 05:29 AM

Dietz is a Mennonite name? Large farming communities in Shipyard in OW and Little Belize in Corozal.
General Questions about Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Belize in September by KatieValk @ Today at 05:27 AM

June is the beginning of rainy season. Weather in Sept is usually quite nice so I would not expect rains that close the caves, unless we have a storm. Two big holidays in Sept on the 10 and 21. Its slow season, so fewer people on tours and less to
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Farm visit by britinbelize @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Don't know any in those areas but I know a dairy and citrus(and so much more) farmer out west who would be proud to show you his 700acre farm. Speaks english as one of the university degrees he got in England.
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Farm visit by bdietz @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

thanks im hoping to get in touch with a farmer or two and check out how they operate not really interested in a tour as such either orange walk or corozal would probably work would like to see a sugar cane harvest if its the right time of year pr
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: New to Forum by britinbelize @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

To anyone driving past the Prison area after dark or before its fully light the lights around the prison are blindingly bright. Had to drive past just after sun down last week and could see little except light. After a late afternoon flight into BZE.
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: New to Forum by Dave Bunk @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Some beautiful hand made wooden crafts there
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: New to Forum by RMath7 @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

Thank you for info.. I do remember driving past the prison the last time we were there also.. wasnt aware there was a tourist site there sounds interesting..
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: New to Forum by GZboat @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Well, in other threads you said you'd be driving to Hopkins, from Belize City. I'm assuming you'll pick your car up at the airport. And I'll assume you'll head up the Northern Highway from the airport to the Burrell Boom cutoff to join up with the We
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Farm visit by GZboat @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Well Brian, you've picked a good spot for it. The Orange Walk District is one of the main agricultural centers in Belize. Is it your desire to spend a full day (or days) just checking out farms? If so, you'll need to rent a vehicle. I found a car ren
Jump to new posts Re: Belize in September by britinbelize @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

In September most/all tourist facilities will be open but they can be closed on any day or days due to bad weather. September is the start of the wet season and can be very rainy, so cave based trips may not be safe. Everything else should be open
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts New to Forum by RMath7 @ Yesterday at 08:01 AM

Hi... Looking forward to this group and leaning new things about our favorite place! My wife and I are from Ohio and have visited Belize twice once on a cruise and once in Hopkins for our Honeymoon. And are returning to Hopkins again this coming Se
Jump to new posts Belize in September by RMath7 @ Yesterday at 07:53 AM

My wife and I visited Hopkins in February 2014 we are headed back to Celebrate our 5 year anniversary September 20-27, 2018. We fell in love with the village and the laid back atmosphere. I am sure things have changed over the last few years.. are
Places in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins by RMath7 @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

Thanks.. Any other place you would suggest.. This is our second time making the drive and feel more comfortable stopping along the way. Thinking of maybe stopping and doing the Blue Hole or a cave tubing trip..
Places in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins by RMath7 @ Yesterday at 07:49 AM

Thanks.. Any other place you would suggest.. This is our second time making the drive and feel more comfortable stopping along the way. Thinking of maybe stopping and doing the Blue Hole or a cave tubing trip..
Miscellaneous Belize
Jump to new posts Farm visit by bdietz @ 16 January 18 4:40 pm - America/Chicago

Me and my family will be traveling to Belize in last week in Jan and staying on Ambergris Caye I am interested in the local farming possibly in the Orange Walk area as there is a daily flight from Ambergris Caye I'm from Alberta Canada and in the fa
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts just want to say hi by bdietz @ 16 January 18 4:32 pm - America/Chicago

just want to say hi to everyone We are from Vulcan Alberta Canada new to the forum and will be first time visiting Belize in a couple weeks cant wait to get there and enjoy the country we will be staying on Ambergris Caye but hope to make a tour on t
Places in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins by britinbelize @ 16 January 18 3:07 pm - America/Chicago

when you get to the series of narrow bridges between two of them that are really close together, is a lovely little coffee place its Tiny and nice people. cant remember name of it.
Places in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins by britinbelize @ 16 January 18 3:04 pm - America/Chicago

Over the top, probably not that far down near st margarets.
Places in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Driving Belize City to Hopkins by JohnP @ 16 January 18 6:31 am - America/Chicago

That sounds like, the Over The Top Bar. Yes it is on the Hummingbird
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Hopkins here we come!! by JohnP @ 16 January 18 6:29 am - America/Chicago

See you in a couple weeks. and I am sure we can get the Harley out on the end, actually quite easily.
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Hopkins here we come!! by gelint @ 15 January 18 6:09 pm - America/Chicago

JohnP I like your seawall and dock too.I hope I can have you photo my Harley on it in the future. P.S. it doesn't leak oil.
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Hopkins here we come!! by PeteG @ 15 January 18 5:45 pm - America/Chicago

Gelint, yes I know, she sends me videos of all the things I'm missing out on.
Introduce Yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Hopkins here we come!! by PeteG @ 15 January 18 5:43 pm - America/Chicago

John, we are #18. Small cabana with bluish green roof close to the road. I would love to come check out what you have going on over there! I wanted to ask you about some boating stuff anyways. I will be down in 2 weeks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
RSS Feeds & Facebook

Recent Posts

Belize Photography on Facebook

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Recent Posts
Farm visit
by bdietz
1 second ago